What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

I heard about the Timor...although I thought that was the name of the company not just the razor. They say it’s gentler than the Merkur 34C but with the same German 🇩🇪 build quality...Hmm 🤔 sehr interessant!
:D sehr interessant, indeed!
I also have the Rockwell 6c and I like it very much. But I always found the mildness of the Timor Closed Comb model even more fascinating, it's not "adjustable" though. But if you can get one, I would give it a try, as it is außerordentlich sanft. Coupled with a Feather blade it is a dreamlike journey into the world of smooth wet shaving ;)
(Timor seems to be a brand of Giesen & Forsthoff under which they sell all their shaving products, they also have a model with an open comb, but it doesn't seem as successfull as the closed model - I've never tried it.)

Question is the henson ti the same angles and feeling ? Just dif metal ? Did not see it on the

The Ti22 and AL13 are the same razor minus the materials. I have both and prefer the Ti22 due the added weight. They shave similarly but the Ti22 is a notch better most likely because it's heavier. Both are awesome. I feel the Ti22 handle has a tad better grip and it glides over my skin a little better....YMMV.

:D sehr interessant, indeed!
I also have the Rockwell 6c and I like it very much. But I always found the mildness of the Timor Closed Comb model even more fascinating, it's not "adjustable" though. But if you can get one, I would give it a try, as it is außerordentlich sanft. Coupled with a Feather blade it is a dreamlike journey into the world of smooth wet shaving ;)
(Timor seems to be a brand of Giesen & Forsthoff under which they sell all their shaving products, they also have a model with an open comb, but it doesn't seem as successfull as the closed model - I've never tried it.)
Herr Timor kommt morgen an! 🇩🇪 (Amazon $39) Glad to hear it's sanft! The more sanft, the better I always say.lol
I'll have to remember the Feather, but I hope the razor comes with a "tuck" of 5 Timor blades.

Like to know what your thoughts are on this one. I’ve been wanting one for ages
Wonderful razor...mild, yet efficient! It looks like a work of art and has the heft and precision of a surgical instrument. It definitely has a "blade feel" but it's never harsh...it just lets you know exactly where the blade is! Parabéns Tatara! 🇵🇹

I would give it a try. They have a 15-day return policy...although shipping w/tracking back to Portugal costs ~$30.

Herr Timor kommt morgen an! 🇩🇪(Amazon $39) Glad to hear it's sanft! The more sanft, the better I always say.lol
I'll have to remember the Feather, but I hope the razor comes with a "tuck" of 5 Timor blades.

Let us know if you liked it. I hope it suits you. I'm a big fan anyway ;)

Wonderful razor...mild, yet efficient! It looks like a work of art and has the heft and precision of a surgical instrument. It definitely has a "blade feel" but it's never harsh...it just lets you know exactly where the blade is! Parabéns Tatara! 🇵🇹

I would give it a try. They have a 15-day return policy...although shipping w/tracking back to Portugal costs ~$30.
I hear they are excepting orders for an adjustable coming out next month. Only problem is the price. If the misses finds out... Thanks for answering. Really appreciate it. 👍

OK...I tried plate 1 just now...possibly the worst shave in my life (in terms of efficiency)...mild as anything, but totally useless. Actually, reminded me of my first mild shaver in High School...like a piece of plastic rubbing on my face:
View attachment 1249310
However, I flipped the plate over to 3, and I got one of the best shaves of my life (very smooth and moderately efficient).
I'm starting to give up on the possibility of a BBS shave. Right now, I'm happy with the Rockwell plate 3.
(Comfort is more important to me than efficiency!)
I ordered a few more (higher end) mild razors, so we'll see how I get on with them.

Don’t be afraid to try the higher plates, I daily shave with #6 plate. Super smooth, and very rarely do I get any irritation.

I returned the Henson. It dragged over my skin and gave me trouble under and around my nose. Compared to another aluminum razor, the Razorock Lupo, I much prefer the Lupo (I prefer the aluminum to the stainless steel version because it’s milder and more comfortable to me). Love this discussion. Thanks for kicking it off Kennyg2019!

I returned the Henson. It dragged over my skin and gave me trouble under and around my nose. Compared to another aluminum razor, the Razorock Lupo, I much prefer the Lupo (I prefer the aluminum to the stainless steel version because it’s milder and more comfortable to me). Love this discussion. Thanks for kicking it off Kennyg2019!
The Lupo DLC is one of the smoothest razors I've ever used. It's too bad they didn't make the non-DLC version with the same gap/exposure.

The Lupo DLC is one of the smoothest razors I've ever used. It's too bad they didn't make the non-DLC version with the same gap/exposure.

What is the difference in gap and exposure of the DLC compared to the stainless Lupo? I thought I read it was the same as the 72 but I may be wrong. Regardless, both of those razors will probably feel different.

I never hear talk about the Rex Ambassador. Don’t own one but I could be tempted. Any comment would be appreciated.
a few posts on the ambassador in the forum but not in this thread since I would say its not mild at all but aggressive

I own one less than a month now so can try to answer my limited use of it :)
build I love it the looks and the finish and the handle ? Well in my limited experience its what I think a handle should do offer NO slip ever no matter what
weight ? Again only two others to compare so seems heavy but nice heavy does not bug me so cant say more on comparing long term and besides my old 50s gillette the weight is more a difference I do not think one is better than the other just difference
the stand is nice wide stable just playing around with others its not going anywhere were the cheap basic slide in donut type are not as stable

I can only compare to my merkur 34c and a older gillette my dad had I am using
the ambassador of course being like many say agressive etc... but super efficient
a few posts back I do have some other razors on order

Shave every day
more I learn and get better at making sure my skin is stretched I do think is important unlike throw away multi blade or electric technique helps I am learning and have read to verify it :)

today and yesterday were the first day I could use the ambassador without KNOWING I shaved the blade choice I reckon (gillette blue pack) some of the blood spots weepers ? but no nicks but the burn was real :) often trying 3 passes I gave up went for 2 most the time with this razor but that 2 pass which was as good as 3 passes with the merkur 34c
what I do not understand is I get that BBS smooth feel with merkur or the ambassador but yet I feel stubble from the 34c way before the ambassador day ? So not sure why how that happens when both start out super smooth as I heard you cant shave below skin with de ? But either way not a big deal for me but interesting and again look forward to the new ones coming in for how long things last
but most important is smooth and non irritating I do not need the BBS thing

The shaves I do with it are insane and cant wait for the new shavers to compare !
And I do know it takes a while to find the blades that work :) so I might change my mind and again will be comparing to the other 4 razors I just bought

hope that helps some :)
again have not had that long and am not some long use DE shaver dude with tons of experience with other razors but do plan on trying a bunch to know and get happy :) no plans on collecting razors more have a few to choose my shave and just enjoy a few quality pieces I enjoy to use and will last

like the OP and a few others I reckon new to all this and do think one has to just order and try and legit try over a few months dial in the blades and so on

Wow! That’s shocking :eek: Did you use the Astra blades that came with it? Also, sometimes the blade can be a “dud”. That happened to me once... I was using my favorite blade and it started tugging. I stopped mid-shave, switched blades, and everything went back to normal.
Sorry it didn’t work for you.
At least, like many of the top razor manufacturers, Henson accept returns!👍🏻
I have a couple of RazoRocks on the way. If I don’t like them, I’m stuck. Italian Barber, who I believe designed and owns RazoRock, does not accept returns! :nono:
Caveat emptor!

M

mtcn77

So not sure why how that happens when both start out super smooth as I heard you cant shave below skin with de?
If two razors can shave the same, but one has 'positive' blade exposure and can cut steeper(45°>30° for instance) you'll have more leverage against flat beard. You'll be able to press the guard, erect the flat beard and straighten them with the blade as you raze them more vertically. All because of a straight bar and positive blade exposure unison working so well.

2013-14 was some time ago, still have the razor. Not very good quality compared to a Parker TTO.
Used it yesterday and it was an extremely easy shave if not very close, fast three pass neck shave.
I only got mine about a month ago but think the quality is above average, especially since it is 100% brass. I got the long handle version in chrome, the 9306 model. I don’t know if the Microtouch is all brass. Obviously I haven’t given it the longevity test. With so many razors, it will be many years before I even have 50 shaves with it. It does shave very well and I find it to be on the mild side (which I prefer) but efficient.

I wonder if Rick (I think that’s his name) from Pawn Stars checked with a friend about it’s value, like he does on the show, before he agreed to endorse it.
😂

What is the difference in gap and exposure of the DLC compared to the stainless Lupo? I thought I read it was the same as the 72 but I may be wrong. Regardless, both of those razors will probably feel different.
The DLC is .61
I did buy the .72 and sold it after one use.
The .72 is not as smooth.

This is an interesting and fun thread.

I am a 66 year old wet shaving and DE razor noobie. I am having a ball and look forward to shaving for the first time in my life! I have already bought about 10 razors and bunches of everything else. It didn't take long to figure out I like a mild razor and sharp blade combination. My wife has been very patient and gives me that questioning look when she sees multiple packages arriving in the mail every day.
Well anyway, I had been to the Henson website and read the forum reviews. I knew I had to have just one more new razor:001_smile! To demonstrate how crafty my mind works and being a kind, considerate and thoughtful husband, I figured out Mothers Day is coming up next month and I instantly had a plan. I ordered the Henson AL13 in the rose color. Being so kind and thoughtful, I naturally had to make sure it would work good for her knowing she has never used a DE razor. In my defense, I have other nice gifts for the best person-friend-wife-mother in the world. (I might have a slight bias)

To make a long story short, the Henson with a Feather blade shaved smoother and cleaner than any other razor I have used!!! It was my closest shave yet and I only shave 2X WTG about 90% of the time. On top of that, I had no irritation or sensitivity issues. My Rockwell 6C (with plate 2 or 3), Gillette King and Jagger 89 are in the same ballpark for my needs but the Henson is a keeper for me...or I should say for my wife. :001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:. To be helpful for her, naturally I will have to keep testing this razor till Mothers Day and come up with another plan to have a convincing story to get one for myself!
Isn't this shaving stuff fun and besides the blades are a lot cheaper than cartridges!!!
Yesterday was my second day using the Henson AL13. WOW!
This is a really good razor for me. It is at the top of my preference list.
One thing I noticed about my comments quoted above was that I used a Feather blade. I looked again and it was a Nacet. This razor will definitely remain in my rotation.

While I have 7 razors I just do not use them any more (even have forgotten their names ;^). My OneBlade Hybrid just does the best job for me...

Top Bottom