What's new

World's best traditional cezve ?

a.k.a. jezve , briki , ibrik....The SOY company has the finest crafted traditional brew pots I have found. Beautiful thick , hammered copper exteriors and your choice of food grade tin lining or pure ( not Sterling ) silver lining... Products

I was impressed as well. I have never seen a 100% silver pot or a silver lined one!

Even their basic Cezve looks attractive enough to want to explore Turkish brewing. When looking a little further I did a double take when seeing that a picture of their C1 Cezve / Turkish Coffee Pot was featured on the wikipedia page for Cezve.

proxy.php

I discovered the cezve.eu site 2 days after I ordered 2 pots from Armenia , nowhere near as fine quality , but a lot cheaper..The Armenian pots have a very tight neck that should help form the crema...Sooner or later I will spring for 2 of the SOY pots , silver lined, you just can't beat the quality or warranty..

I am a very infrequent Turkish/Greek coffee drinker so mine is a tin lined, copper, simple and inexpensive Ibrik.

Once you order and try the silver lined copper model let us know what you think

proxy.php

Turtle....I just saw a nice video clip on cleaning the tin lining..Dip a lemon half in salt and "scrub" the tin lining with it..I will try this method soon on my old Greek briki..
DSCN1449.JPG

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
A paste of lemon and salt is an old poor man's copper cleaning trick, too.

I have the solid platinum model.

Tried the KONA grinder , pictured above , this morning for the first time..Tightest setting produced a nice powder for Greek /Turkish coffee....You need 2 heaping teaspoons for 2 demi-tasse cups ( 2.7 oz or 3 oz cups )....The KONA took me 30 minutes to grind 2 heaping teaspoons full , but it did accomplish the task.

The KONA took me 30 minutes to grind 2 heaping teaspoons full , but it did accomplish the task.

That's a very long time for a grind, though a good friend of mine has one of those and they are very awkward to hold.

Here's shot of mine from this morning, the "pot" (in some parts of Eastern Europe also called "džezva") was pretty when new. It's handmade, but it's used regularly and not polished.

proxy.php

5 min to grind using custom designed and machined grinder similar to this one, except two that I own are both stainless steel finish.

That's a very long time for a grind, though a good friend of mine has one of those and they are very awkward to hold.

Here's shot of mine from this morning, the "pot" (in some parts of Eastern Europe also called "džezva") was pretty when new. It's handmade, but it's used regularly and not polished.

proxy.php

5 min to grind using custom designed and machined grinder similar to this one, except two that I own are both stainless steel finish.
Gorgeous crema Bbb34 !!...mouth watering beauty !....The Kona is OK , but not heavy duty like those large brass Turkish grinders, although the grinders like you have usually use steel burrs..Down the line I may go for a nice Peugeot , which many prefer over Zassenhaus...Here's a few ( very expensive ! ) hand grinders made in the U.S. : Orphan Espresso Manual Coffee Grinders .....And also these highly rated, but tough to find, Czech grinders : Coffee grinder | Lodos s. r. o.

This is closest to what I have, and if they are anything like mine, I cannot recommend them enough.
Note that the two I have are custom made, not exactly "money no object" type of thing, but for sure built to be as good as they possibly can be, without need to make a profit (or satisfy shareholders). :001_tongu

As for my crema, thank you, with these grinders, once you find good fresh coffee, it's actually incredibly easy.
I've been considering getting either Rocket, EMC or La Marzocco machine for home use, but just can't justify the cost given how inexpensive this is.

A real beauty , grind time would be brief !.....I have to keep my eyes open for flea market finds etc. , these things are built like a tank and if the gears aren't chipped , which they rarely are, it's not hard restoring them. If I ever take another trip to Europe I will hit all the antique shops in search of a classic !coff5.JPG coff.JPG coff2.JPG coff3.JPG coff4.JPG

One of these days !...I really love that Hovoli , only ones I found are made in Greece , I have a feeling there may be other countries producing these as well...Doesn't seem like much to build one, some type of heat, a stand , a basin filled with fine sand...Check out the sand coffee techniques on youtube , pretty interesting..

Top Bottom