What's new

World Trend back to DE Shaving?

The last James Bond movie saw a 450% increase in wet shaving with some on line retailers after Daniel Craig was seen being shaved with a straight blade.
as long as it's out there in the public domain and its profile keeps rising then it can only be good news.

The last James Bond movie saw a 450% increase in wet shaving with some on line retailers after Daniel Craig was seen being shaved with a straight blade.
as long as it's out there in the public domain and its profile keeps rising then it can only be good news.
Nostalgia is a powerful thing. A visual like 007 shaving with a straight evokes memories of our grandfather or dad. Same with DE. We all would like To go back to fond memories, and wet shaving is one of them. majy movies have launched huge resurgences in things from our youth. One example were the movies The Hustler around 1961, then the Color of Money in '86. Both created a boom in the pool hall, and home billiards industry. The latter lasted over a decade and a half.

Sadly to say, Wet Shaving will never become mainstream. It will be reserved to those of us who understand tradition and have a bit more of an understanding re shaving, and should I add...a degree of class!
You are correct. Many young men are reverting to traditional shaving. I find it really hard to convert people from their usual cartridge and goo routine.

Last edited:
I agree with the comment that most people are in a hurry and would rather no mess with DE shaving. It takes a personality type that looks at doing many things carefully and with style..

Top Bottom