What's new

Wondering which watch would work

Timex Weekender. I have never heard/read anything bad about them. It is an inexpensive quartz watch with a number of different color combinations to suit most anyone's fashion sense unless you are looking for a big watch. Mine has been ticking for a while now.

+1. It's a good inexpensive option.

I agree about gshock nothing takes abuse better. One of the Seiko automatics is a nice inexpensive watch I really like my big orange.

+1. My Casio G-Shock "Tough Solar" has been abused, goes into the shower with me daily, uses solar power (no battery replacement) and receives WWV time signals for 1-second accuracy. The crystal is deeply recessed into the case, and unscratched after 7 years. Cost about $85, might be a more now.

I figure I'll be buried with it. And when I'm resurrected, it will feel the sun and start working again.

I also have a titanium Skagen. It's not as tough as the Casio, but it's much prettier. As a dress watch, it's reasonably classy, and inexpensive.

. Charles

they're great watches, but I found it way too small for my wrist.

Agreed, the Seiko 5 is not a "big watch", more of a mid/small-size @37mm across with an 18mm band. Size is all personal preference I suppose, I'm wearing a vintage automatic right now that is ~30mm across with a 16mm band and it's about as small as I would go personally, but the same watch on another guy might be way too "petite". I don't think I really have a point, just wanted to chime in...:laugh:

Agreed, the Seiko 5 is not a "big watch", more of a mid/small-size @37mm across with an 18mm band. Size is all personal preference I suppose, I'm wearing a vintage automatic right now that is ~30mm across with a 16mm band and it's about as small as I would go personally, but the same watch on another guy might be way too "petite". I don't think I really have a point, just wanted to chime in...:laugh:
lol Chris. I'm wearing a Seiko 007 right now and even this seems a bit small on my wrist. I must have giant manly wrists.

For an automatic I'll 2nd the Seiko 5. They are plain, but bulletproof compared to the other similarly priced autos. For quartz there are probably more choices of "decent" watches in that price range. I've had a couple of Skagen watches and the only thing that goes is the battery.

lol Chris. I'm wearing a Seiko 007 right now and even this seems a bit small on my wrist. I must have giant manly wrists.

:lol: Jason - I am a "big guy", 5'10" & 240lbs, but rather skinny wrists and ankles. I really like the vintage watches, which tend to run small, so I think I have tweaked my sense of size perception to match my vintage preferences. I am looking at a Seiko 5 as I type and it looks pretty "mid-size" to me! :biggrin1:

I'm a bigger guy, 6' 3 hunge, give or take a few. I like the Seiko 5.

Attachments

• $seiko5.JPG
    $seiko5.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom