What's new

Wolfman Razors timing

I know. It's like seeing a unicorn. Still, I'm curious about the time it takes right now (Nov 2019) from being on the Wolfman waitlist to being informed of your finished razor. Shipping time is a geographic limitation that, while important, is not what concerns me right now. For those who have not been lucky enough to grab a random drop off the website, how long did it take you from placing an order on a waitlist to notice that the razor was done? I have heard that it can take a year or more. Things of value, after all, often take time.

I signed up on the waitlist September 6th at around 9:00 pm EST and got my email asking what I wanted 10 days ago. My razor is now in US customs.

Ordered 9/6 and received 10/23. I think I got in the system when it first opened and the wait is probably much longer now.
Be patient, it is worth the wait.
Steve

I ordered 9/6 around 8pm MST and have yet to receive an order confirmation. I’m kinda over it tbh as I really enjoy Charcoal Goods razors, they just seem to work very well for me. If you order now, I’m guessing you’re a year out

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Such a strange system so you complete the google doc and once confirmed you get a paypal invoice but there is no as to delivery. The site says it could take a year? I guess im ok waiting but not paying and waiting like that.

Such a strange system so you complete the google doc and once confirmed you get a paypal invoice but there is no as to delivery. The site says it could take a year? I guess im ok waiting but not paying and waiting like that.

1st email you get is a google docs form submission acknowledgement. Second is from his email
system telling you that you are registered and your number will be called whenever. Third
email (the most critical) is when he asks you to confirm your specs in case you want to change
anything.

You don't have to pay anything till you're contacted via email for a third time to finalise your order.
Then he'll send you an invoice and you pay...thereafter it should be 2-3 weeks till you get it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
1st email you get is a google docs form submission acknowledgement. Second is from his email
system telling you that you are registered and your number will be called whenever. Third
email (the most critical) is when he asks you to confirm your specs in case you want to change
anything.

You don't have to pay anything till you're contacted via email for a third time to finalise your order.
Then he'll send you an invoice and you pay...thereafter it should be 2-3 weeks till you get it.
Gotcha thanks

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Sounds very promising and like he's gotten (or getting) a handle on the ordering system -- which is truly "unfortunate" for me, I've been telling myself "there's no way to 'catch a Unicorn', so just forget about it"; but now I'm thinking there may be a way....

I've never minded the thought of waiting a long time to get a Wolfman as long as I could be on some kind of list so that I wouldn't have to keep checking the website in hopes of getting lucky. If the current system stays in place I'm assuming I'll need to wait a year or so, which is fine with me. I got my first confirmation email on Sept 21st and the second on Sept 23rd, so now I can put it out of my mind and just wait my turn.

First email came from Googleforms on 9/7. Second was from jdcncmachining, also automated reply, on 9/20. Nothing since then.

I placed an order on 9/17. I’m actually hoping my turn comes around June/July as to give a break from the holidays.

Tonich doesn't mince his words but he's not wrong. A lot of wolfman chatter
now revolves around checking invoice dates.....before that they were
all about sharing forensic clues to help predict the next drop. The latter were way more fun.

Nowadays it's like....I got my first email on x, 2nd one on y...when did you get yours...as if there's a way of predicting.
I think the wait time has probably gone over a year by now. James Dufour has learnt a lot from his last
waitlist, which ended in tears for many. If he actually came out and said 'guys, I have 5 years worth of orders now',
people will find something in it to be unhappy about. One man shows are tough going....but he has no doubt increased
speed of output marginally due to the basic finishes.

I actually find it interesting to see when others have placed their orders and when did they receive the emails etc.
Useless? Well at the end of the day this is a razor and not a liver transplant list so yeah, I see it as fun and not a life or death situation or exact science or whatever.
The good news is that a razor with the exact specs I am trying to order showed up on BST and today I had my first shave with it so I can wait for my second Wolfman a little longer :)

I placed an order on 9/17. I’m actually hoping my turn comes around June/July as to give a break from the holidays.
I know what you mean. I'm on the 9/10 train and think it's gonna be a long ride. Isn't he still on the 9/6 orders and it's been 2 plus months? I'm thinking mine was a year wait time, but your guess is as good as mine.

I actually find it interesting to see when others have placed their orders and when did they receive the emails etc.
Useless?
More or less.
People draw conclusions and built expectation on other people's experience. And we all know those times vary in large margins. While someone was able to get the razor for a montn or less, other waited over a year.

I placed my order on 9/6 at 9:26 a.m. Just got his email asking if I want to proceed with the order. A wonderful Christmas present to me from me.

Top Bottom