What's new

Wolfman in the House

I was not impressed. Packaging for a product like this should not be an afterthought. A designer would not need much effort to enhance the first impression of your purchase. It is not like Wolfman has several different designs and would need many different configurations like many other modern razor companies. Whoever responds that the packaging does not impact performance.....I agree. Polishing your dress shoes does not enhance your walk but you will make a better impression.

One more Timeless Ti .95 vs the Wolfman 1.25 shave off. This round I loaded up a Vintage Wilkie stainless blade. I also added the Wolfman 100 mm stainless handle to the Timeless to give some extra weight. Long story short, both razors provided identical results, a great bbs shave. Each razor provides a different feel both on the face and in the hand. The extra weight of the stainless handle with the Ti head and base made a positive difference for the Timeless. Both are great razors.

I was asked to try a PolSilver blade in the Wolfman 1.25 and review the result.

Pol Silver was too much with the Wolfman and me (no cuts or weepers but a ton of red irritation). After trying Wilkie Vintage, GSB, Gillette Platinum, Nacet, Pol/Blue Tuck, and Pol Vintage, I found the best blade so far has been the Personna Lab. This morning loaded a new Lab blade in my Ti .95 and a new Lab blade in my Wolf 1.25 and the result was the same. Super close bbs from both razors. However, the Ti 95 was much smoother. The Wolf 1.25 reminds me of the Blackbird, a great shave but you can feel the shave. The Timeless is a great shave also, without the feel.

I am not disappointed in the Wolfman however it just proves that our faces and techniques all vary. Knowing what I have experienced with the Wolfman, Timeless, and the Blackbird, if I could only have the Ti or a stainless Timeless I would be just fine. I do like the feel and the look of the Wolfman and the handles are the best that I have owned.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
When I first got my WR2 1.15, I popped in my favorite blade for the first shave... a Polsilver. I found the blade to be harsh and irritating in the Wolf. It was recommended to use a Perma Sharp Gold blade, which I did. And it was better. But once I learned the proper technique and angle for the Wolf, which is really super steep, I found that I could then use any blade and it would be a super smooth and wonderful shave. Now I often use the Polsilver with the WR2 1.25 and get super smooth shaves now. And YMMV is the rule here. Good luck.

The Wolf 1.25 reminds me of the Blackbird
Fwiw, I've read that the Wolfman 1.25 blade feel is closer to the Blackbird. It's one of the reasons I am super happy with my 1.15 (and 1.05). I don't know how a 1.15 would compare with Timeless 0.95. The real truth, as @BradWorld just wrote and suggested, when you are chasing down those diminishing returns on perfection, the Rule of YMMV reigns supreme.

Top Bottom