What's new

WM Neumann Cologne. Any thoughts?

I'm a HUGE fan of their aftershaves as their performance and scents are both top notch. I enjoy their scents so much I've been wanting to pick up their colognes but I'd like to know if anybody has tried them and if you could share your thoughts on the projection, longevity etc..

I own the Heartwood cologne and love it. Projection and longevity are both great on me. I typically can still smell it on my after 6-8 hours. I do tend to spray on my clothes so the smell will usually stick around a little bit longer. If you like the aftershave, I think you will be happy with the cologne.

I'm very interested in this topic. I own 1911 and Heartwood AS, and Old-Fashioned Soda, 1907 Signature and 1911 shaving creams. They are five of my best products. I emailed Bill about the projection and longevity of the colognes a while back, and he assured me the colognes are more like EdP than EdT in formulation strength.

Thank you both for your replies, Im placing an order next week......... but I don't know if I want 1907 or Heartwood more :tongue_sm

I wish they would add Sub-Zero as an option as that is one of my favorite summertime scents. Maybe we should petition haha

Minty, have you tried 1911? I believe that's the one I would pick. Horned, is the Heartwood cologne scent the same as the AS? Heartwood is my second choice, neck and neck with 1911. I'm sporting Heartwood AS today, with a layer of Guerlain Vetiver on top.

Minty, have you tried 1911? I believe that's the one I would pick. Horned, is the Heartwood cologne scent the same as the AS? Heartwood is my second choice, neck and neck with 1911. I'm sporting Heartwood AS today, with a layer of Guerlain Vetiver on top.

I have! And I really enjoy it but I don't know... theres something about 1907 that reminds me of the holidays even tho we're in the summer haha i think it has something to do with the plum and vanilla notes but I might have to compromise and order both 1911 and 1907 :thumbup:

minty, if the 1907 cologne smells like the shaving cream, it will be awesome! I like the sweetness of the 1907, and the plum note is lovely. The 1911 and Heartwood feel more like everyday scents to me, but perhaps I'll pick up the 1907 for, as you say, the holidays!

Yes, in my opinion the scent on the Heartwood cologne is the same as the AS. I was worried about that too - that somehow increasing the strength would somehow change the way it smelled on me. I'm very happy. I think I am going to try out the 1911 in the cologne.

minty, if the 1907 cologne smells like the shaving cream, it will be awesome! I like the sweetness of the 1907, and the plum note is lovely. The 1911 and Heartwood feel more like everyday scents to me, but perhaps I'll pick up the 1907 for, as you say, the holidays!

I think you're right, 1911 and Heartwood are more "everyday" besides I have the 1907 splash that I could use if I ever feel like Im missing out haha I think I'm set on 1911 and Heartwood!!

Yes, in my opinion the scent on the Heartwood cologne is the same as the AS. I was worried about that too - that somehow increasing the strength would somehow change the way it smelled on me. I'm very happy. I think I am going to try out the 1911 in the cologne.

Good afternoon Horned Frog! Haha I just received my bottle of Heartwood and I gotta say its a lot sweeter and more unisex smelling than the aftershave smells. To be fair I haven't smelled the aftershave since 3 months ago or so but I remember the scent being more stout and not so soft. What are your thoughts?

Actually I emailed Neumann and they told me that because this is a fragrance and not am aftershave the sweeter top notes last a lot longer giving it the illusion of being sweeter. The mid and bass notes came through in the dry down and its the same wonderful scent I fell in love with. Haha sorry for the false alarm I forgot that this isn't the aftershave

Top Bottom