What's new

Winning Razor Phased Out

And discount Merica20 still works

A7D6F8B7-3881-4AB2-9982-A3C1BCDF2094.png

I suspect they are at the end of their current batch and got a quote for a new batch. I also suspect the cost savings from minimising the machining time originally cited has shrunk making it too close to the 'Merica. Unfortunately, $70 is still a really good price for razor made in a western country and the 'Merica was their first design. I bet they are just going to stick with it as the sole offering for the time being. Unless it too has to go up in price soon...

Conjecture: TWR was too similar a razor when compared to Jake's 921 razor, BUT at a much lower profit margin. Also, there are expectations that the 921 series will expand the component choices (also moe profitable), occupying machining capacity.

They said the Merica outsells the Winning Razor, which seems unlikely.
They are lowering the price on the Merica razor to $70 which seems strange if it is their best seller.

I bet they have to lower the price to $70 to go head to head with the Razor Rock razors.
I suspect $20 wasn't enough of a difference to customers. I seem to remember this was a price point razor and it looks the part! :a49:

-but performs like a $100 razor, that weighs too much. 😁

Just throwing in a theory:
They're made by Yates. Could it be that Yates wont be making them anymore?
Considering his up and coming "build your own razor" program, maybe they're gonna concentrate on their own sales.
And selling the Yates razors direct for $135+ has to be more profitable than making $50 (selling price) razors for someone else.
Just a thought!

Just throwing in a theory:
They're made by Yates. Could it be that Yates wont be making them anymore?
Considering his up and coming "build your own razor" program, maybe they're gonna concentrate on their own sales.
And selling the Yates razors direct for $135+ has to be more profitable than making $50 (selling price) razors for someone else.
Just a thought!

This is what I was thinking too. It seems like it would be tough to have the profit margins at that small a scale. Razorock could do it, and I hope they keep on doing it, they are making great products.

Top Bottom