What's new

Windsor DE from Above the Tie

So I received this little beauty from Stan today and look forward to giving it a trial run starting Sunday morning. I will post as many particulars as I can about it then. Thanks, Stan and thanks B&B brethren.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well fellows this razor shaves great! It covers the blade on the ends completely and seems to make the blade more rigid for me.

I shaved with it this morning and face lathered the Stirling lemon chill and did three passes with a new Astra SP installed and the result was smooth as silk. BBS, no more stubble. I have put some more pics with the first shave, I hope they allow the beautiful polish of this tool to show up adequately.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I've been out of the loop on this one - how is it different than current ATT offerings? I see the flow though is a series of holes vs a channel and it looks polished, but other characteristics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the top cap is larger in both length & width. It holds the blade more rigidly, resulting in what I think feels like an SE blade shave. Also, the handle is 3.5 as opposed to 3.0 on the Atlas standard handle. The weight is 114 grams by my scale. The ATT website gives most of the particulars. I am not sure what you are searching for @773badger.

It is a noticeable difference from the R-1 base plate John which I use with good results in a small rotation of razors I alternate between.

I needed Stan's guidance to learn to use the R1. It took a while to figure it out.
I have been getting some great shaves as of late.
I like the NEW SC due to the blade rigidity.
I am glad to hear there is a noticeable difference with the Windsor.
It sounds like I am going to have some fun with this one.

Yes, the top cap is larger in both length & width. It holds the blade more rigidly, resulting in what I think feels like an SE blade shave. Also, the handle is 3.5 as opposed to 3.0 on the Atlas standard handle. The weight is 114 grams by my scale. The ATT website gives most of the particulars. I am not sure what you are searching for @773badger.

Thanks - that's good info. Really what I'm trying to u sweat and is comparison to current ATt line. I had an R1 and never really loved the shave quality but I like ATT build and materials. So wondering if this is something that is smoother or more efficient compared to the R series.

Is there any Shave comparisons you could make to m-r-h plates?

Yes, 773badger, I would describe the shave as smoother than the R-1. I have never used the H-1 so I cannot comment on that. I definitely mows down the whiskers more efficiently for me than the M-1 or R-1. Other than the holes which work great as opposed to the longer channels it is aesthetically pleasing I find. The barber pole style handles I like because 1. It is a traditional style 2. It has a good grip even when wet. With the handle being a half inch longer than the traditional Atlas handle it balances the razor very well, just as it should. If anyone has some more questions or comments I will try my best to address them. The biggest improvement I noted is the larger base plate and top cap which has the desirable result of making the blade feel more rigid than before which is I believe a big win for shaver who own this razor. One of ATT's best yet.

Well fellows this razor shaves great! It covers the blade on the ends completely and seems to make the blade more rigid for me.

I shaved with it this morning and face lathered the Stirling lemon chill and did three passes with a new Astra SP installed and the result was smooth as silk. BBS, no more stubble. I have put some more pics with the first shave, I hope they allow the beautiful polish of this tool to show up adequately.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Very nice looking razor. My skin is somewhat sensitive. Do you think it would be good for that?

In my estimation Paulieboy I do, I am less likely to make mistakes with this razor than the R-1 head. I have learned with almost all safety razors it comes down to the lack of pressure you use. I have kinda tough whisker and thin skin and this razor works wonders. I have had about 47 yrs to practice and an old dog can learn new tricks. lol!

Top Bottom