What's new

Williams Menthol

Happiness!

$image.jpg

Today I created 'Dorkiams'. 10% Dove Shea Butter, 45% Arko, 45% Williams. Grated it all together. Perhaps finding a good score of vintage Williams I wouldn't have to play around with it! Great score ya made! :thumbup1:

proxy.php
+
proxy.php

Williams + a couple of drops of mint oil gives it a tingly, cooling feeling...

Good luck with that.

I'm not sure I understand this response. I'm not suggesting this as something that might work, it does work. I've done it with Williams as well as other soaps and creams. The drops are added to the lather, I didn't mean adding a few drops to the puck will yield mentholated lather each time you lather thereafter. While it does give that cooling, tingly feeling many seek, it will dominate the scent of whatever soap you are using and make it smell like mint which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:
I meant that the current formulation of Williams leaves a lot to be desired. Young Living Peppermint is good stuff though, I add a drop to some of my home-made after shaves.

I don't know much about you Williams guys ... I mean WISE men .. but would you actually shave with the vintage soap? I'd wonder if the menthol was still there at all after all this time.

I shave with vintage Williams all the time and while the scent is not as strong (40+ years will do that) its cushion and glide are still intact. This will be my first time using the menthol version, it's extreme rare and difficult to source. I'm hoping there is still some menthol in there. I love these discontinued soaps, I still use the original formulations of Coates and C&E Sweet Almond Oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shave with vintage Williams all the time and while the scent is not as strong (40+ years will do that) its cushion and glide are still intact. This is be my first time using the menthol version, it's extreme rare and difficult to source. I'm hoping there is still some menthol in there. I love these discontinued soaps, I still use the original formulations of Coates and C&E Sweet Almond Oil.

Enjoy and let us know how it goes. Subscribed.

I don't know much about you Williams guys ... I mean WISE men .. but would you actually shave with the vintage soap? I'd wonder if the menthol was still there at all after all this time.

I have a few vintage soaps,His Excellency,Yardley,Colgate,Williams,all over half a century old,and they all produce great lather.You may not get the full scent as when new,but a tablespoon of pure lavender oil left to soak a few days on the puck brings it back to life.Even creams,when properly stored can still work great after 20 years..

I`m sorry to report that time has eliminated any trace of menthol in this soap but the good news is its glide and cushion are very much still intact.

Well that's a bummer but not unexpected I guess. Menthol is pretty volatile, especially over that many years.

The good news is, you won;t be tempted to unwrap any more of these even MORE rare soaps.

Top Bottom