What's new

Williams Mug off color

I actually found some Williams Mug soap at a local pharmacy and I noticed it has an orange color to it. Is it good to go or is there a problem with it? Thank you!

I am amazed you found it!
You couldn't give it away when it was readily available.

How times have changed. For those newer to wet shaving who may not have have tried it, it would be fun pickup to try for 99 cents.

If I did see it somewhere locally, I'd probably buy it is to sell on eBay. I would feel guilty flipping it here as it wasn't a well regarded product.

Around ten years ago I picked up several pucks that a local Kroger store had on clearance, some of those had that orange color. I grate soap into a container and the color was just on the outside, they worked fine.
I did the same thing around 10 years ago. My local Ralphs Grocery(owned by Kroger) was selling Williams for $ .89/puck so I bought everything they had. I still have close to 20 pucks or so, little did I know they would stop making it! A couple of them had some minor partial orange coloration on the surface of the puck but they work perfectly.

I did the same thing around 10 years ago. My local Ralphs Grocery(owned by Kroger) was selling Williams for $ .89/puck so I bought everything they had. I still have close to 20 pucks or so, little did I know they would stop making it! A couple of them had some minor partial orange coloration on the surface of the puck but they work perfectly.
I think that’s what I paid as well. I used all of the ones that I bought, modern Williams has always worked very well for me. Sure hated to see it discontinued.

When I discovered this soap, although I admit I had a bit of a rocky start with it, I started to throw one in the grocery cart almost every time I went shopping and saw it "on sale". I lost count on the number of pucks I have.
Based on my previous experience with products of best value, I decided on the safe side of things.
Some are calling it hoarding. I prefer to call it foresight. Regardless, it puts a grin on my face every time I read these posts and think of it.

proxy.php

Top Bottom