What's new

Williams Made Rite Shaving Brush

I have been searching for a LONG time for one of the shaving brushes made for the J.B. Williams Co. by Made Rite because I collect Williams Shaving Soap memorabilia. About a year ago, I missed an opportunity to score one of the red ones on ebay, and have been searching unsuccessfully (and kicking myself) for one ever since. They seem to be as scarce as hen's teeth! I was finally able to score one on ebay that I found in a lot of shaving items. I had to buy the whole lot just for that brush, but i finally got it! I nearly overlooked it because it's white. I was under the mistaken impression (don't know why) that they were all red, but that isn't the case. The handle is in really good shape, but I intend to restore it with a new knot from TGN. I'm proud of my newest aquisition for the Williams collection!

$Williams Brush 2.jpg$Williams Brush 1.jpg

Congrats on finally fi ding the brush, thats dedication right there. Keep us updated on the restore.

Just trying to decide what type of knot I want to replace the original with. I'm leaning towards a TGN pure badger with darker bristles. I think it would contrast nicely with the white handle (actually "cream" colored now, from age).

Do you want to look at the brush or do you want to use it?

I think you can get some of what you are after for looks with a two band finest (AKA High Mountain) and have an extremely usable brush. You may not be very happy with the knot you have in mind if you intend to use it.

Do you want to look at the brush or do you want to use it?

I think you can get some of what you are after for looks with a two band finest (AKA High Mountain) and have an extremely usable brush. You may not be very happy with the knot you have in mind if you intend to use it.

Yes, I want to use it. Because of its special nature, I'd like to make it my daily brush.

Long overdue, but I finally got around to restoring this old brush nearly five years later. It's the only Williams brush I've ever seen in this color. I'm sure there are more out there, I've just only seen the red ones. Anyway after much deliberation, I decided to keep it original and ended up restoring it with a 21 mm banded boar knot like the one it came with. I had a hard time making the gold paint stick in the lettering due to it being so shallow in places, but I think it came out exceptionally well. (Yes, I am Country Boy. I couldn't remember my old account login info).

Attachments

• Brush1.jpg
    Brush1.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Brush2.jpg
    Brush2.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 17
Good call on the knot and nicely done. As I was reading through the older part of the thread I was a little disappointed that you didn't want to put in an original style knot and was pleased to see you ended up putting a banded boar in anyway. It looks really good the way it ended up.

Thanks fellows! I had my first shave with it last night, and it performed perfectly. Of course with it being a Williams brush, I felt that it was only fitting to christen it on a brand new puck of Williams shaving soap in a vintage armatale Williams mug. My razor was a Gem Feather Weight. This morning my face is still smooth as ever. The knot is a fantastic quality knot that I purchased from Em's Place over on Etsy. It is soft, very well made, and had absolutely no foul odor like most new knots do the first few times you use them. I'm very, very pleased with it.

Top Bottom