What's new

Will it dry out?

I've always showered then done my prep and made my later after wards. I am going to try and make my lather and then shower and prep, but I was wondering if the later would dry out or "melt". Does anybody have any experience with this method? I just don't want to have to make more lather or whip it back up after my shower, that'll just waste time.

Unless your shower is very quick I would be afraid that the quality of lather would certainly change too much.

Is there some reason you want to lather before the shower? The only advantage I could see would be to not dry the face as much while making the lather after the shower.

Of course I am a newb but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Charlie

+1 to the person above.

I find it easier just to have your shower, apply your pre shave product (if your using one that is) and make your lather, I just usually chuck more hot water on my face and re-apply the pre shave if need be. Works a treat :thumbup:

Thats what I was thinking. I don't have a pre-shave product so I have to keep my face wet and warm while I make my later. What is a good preshave? I tried proraso, but I don't like the menthol.

Thats what I was thinking. I don't have a pre-shave product so I have to keep my face wet and warm while I make my later. What is a good preshave? I tried proraso, but I don't like the menthol.

Castle Forbes was what I started with a year ago, until I realised it wasn't really achieving much. A year on, and much better acquainted to the preparation, I have found, for me at least, that nothing beats a good quality lather. Why not just rewet your face with warm water before appling lather?

David

Your face will survive the 3 minutes between finishing the shower and applying lather. Just don't towel it off, and let the lather sit for a couple minutes before you start shaving. That'll let it properly hydrate and soften the beard.

Top Bottom