What's new

Wilkinson Swords at Walmart

I had a really good shave with the absolute cheapest blades I could find... less than $2 with tax for 10 or 15 blades (I threw the packaging away). They're so cheap, I let my friend use one to cut his cigar and thought nothing of it haha!

When I switched to DE from Gillette Fusion's in January, I started with the Wilkinson Swords from Wal-Mart. Did a fine job. I work them into the rotation from time to time. My go to blades are Astra SP, Personna Platinum in red wrappers, Feathers (I am currently out) Wilkinson Swords. I think the main reason I like the Wilkinson's is the availability at retail locally. Everything else I have available at retail locally is store brand and ended up in the trash.

They're actually very good blades but at almost 20 cents each with tax, there are a number of cheaper alternatives that are just as good. Still, I keep about 50 on hand.

I love them to bits but it`s a pain only being able to get them when buying a thing from an indvidual residing in the US.

I find them very effective in what are considered the more aggressive razors. For example they are my favorite in my redtip Gillette. For the price, they are hard to beat, and if they work well for your beard, so much the better.

Jeff

I just picked some of these up on the weekend. I'm interested in trying. It is nice to have a local option that is a decent go-to in a pinch.

Anyone know how they compare to the drug-store brand blades? So far I haven't found them but supposedly at least CVS has their brand...

Can someone please show a picture of these. I want to know if they are the same, German made, Wilkinson Sword Classic blades I am using and am rapidly falling in love with.

Same ones I use. I get them from a local shop for £0.80p for a pack of 5. When I first used them they mullered my face, hated them. Plus they were £3.50 for 10 in Boots, which is expensive IMHO. When I found them in the shop down the road at I decided to try them again and they have been perfect. So when I have used the 20 Derby and 9 Dorco blades I have stockpiled the only blade that will touch my face is one of these.

Yeah, their my #1 choice the now till i find some other blades, im still new to this whole thing =] I have a couple of derbys and sharks coming to give them a try :)

This what the packaging looks like. Purchased in IL within the last month:

Says "Made in Germany" on the back

proxy.php

I've worked them in a couple times over the past 2 weeks - they're decent. I don't think they're quite as good as Astras, but they're good in a pinch.

Yeah, their my #1 choice the now till i find some other blades, im still new to this whole thing =] I have a couple of derbys and sharks coming to give them a try :)

I've purchased these in the past from WMart when I'm running low on blades. Convenience is nice. Not my #1 favorite, but they are decent blades and cheap, too!

Top Bottom