What's new

Wilkinson sword plastic. So wrong..

I got one earlier this year while in Ireland.
It hasn't seen much use, but I decided to give it an outing today and was glad I did.
More to come.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Well, my first razor was a Wilkinson sword plastic one. Long time I have used it very few times and then forgot about it. I have been using SE razors almost about 2 months and I am really enjoying them. Today I thought to give this Wilkinson a try. It has been months without a usage and I didn't remember how it shaved at all.

I put a fresh Astra SP blade. Let me say that I am totally impressed for good. This is a lovely mild razor. I got a very good 2 pass shave. It wasn't that great going Atg on my neck but I haven't been good there with any other razor.

I wonder if I had mastered this razor during this time, would I ever needed another razor.

Does anyone has had a similar experience? By the way, do not through any razor.

I used the same plastic Wilkinson Sword Classic for my first 20 years of DE shaving. It now lives in my travel washbag.

AimlessWander that is a huge testimonial to the longevity of the lowly Wilkinson Sword Classic (WSC) razor. 20 years, for an inexpensive polymer razor makes amazing return on investment, that shaves very well to boot.

I also have a WSC that I first tried DE shaving with. It gave me a perfect shave first time right out of the box with no weepers or razor burns. I have been honing technique with Techs lately trying to find 'the blade' I want to get, but I also have this as my travel razor that I have neglected but now I am going to put it into regular rotation.

Last edited:
Well, my first razor was a Wilkinson sword plastic one. Long time I have used it very few times and then forgot about it. I have been using SE razors almost about 2 months and I am really enjoying them. Today I thought to give this Wilkinson a try. It has been months without a usage and I didn't remember how it shaved at all.

I put a fresh Astra SP blade. Let me say that I am totally impressed for good. This is a lovely mild razor. I got a very good 2 pass shave. It wasn't that great going Atg on my neck but I haven't been good there with any other razor.

I wonder if I had mastered this razor during this time, would I ever needed another razor.

Does anyone has had a similar experience? By the way, do not through any razor.
I have gotten some pretty good shaves with mine along with a fairly sharp blade. I'm actually preparing to use it tomorrow for a comparison shave against the Henson Medium which I have been using the past few days. My gut feel is that the performance may be close to the same. However, the Henson is being touted to be mild but more efficient that other mild razors. I enjoy the Henson very much, but maybe the Classic just as much. I'll have to wait for some beard growth to test that theory.

In my opinion this is the one of the most underrated razors in the wetshaving world, along with Turkish Yuma and Lord razors.

I assume that people are hesitant to try it because of seemingly cheap look and plastic material which isn't attractive to hipsters.
I still love this razor and still use it from time to time in spite of much more expensive razors I have. It's also a great travel option.
As good as Merkur or Edwin Jagger or even better for the fraction of the price. And plastic quality is very good, razor could broke only if you accidentally step on it lol.
It's not ultra mild razor - more mild to medium category, very similar to Edwin Jagger in terms of efficiency.
Anyone should try this razor, it's not a big deal if someone doesn't like it - cost only a couple of euros or dollar all with tuck of Wilkinson Sword Germany blades which are also very good.

In my opinion this is the one of the most underrated razors in the wetshaving world, along with Turkish Yuma and Lord razors.

I assume that people are hesitant to try it because of seemingly cheap look and plastic material which isn't attractive to hipsters.
I still love this razor and still use it from time to time in spite of much more expensive razors I have. It's also a great travel option.
As good as Merkur or Edwin Jagger or even better for the fraction of the price. And plastic quality is very good, razor could broke only if you accidentally step on it lol.
It's not ultra mild razor - more mild to medium category, very similar to Edwin Jagger in terms of efficiency.
Anyone should try this razor, it's not a big deal if someone doesn't like it - cost only a couple of euros or dollar all with tuck of Wilkinson Sword Germany blades which are also very good.
I rate mine up there with the Gillette Techs. Mild, but certainly gets the job done for me. As a daily shaver, I couldn't comment on how well the Classic works on a greater beard growth.

Top Bottom