What's new

Why Shave Straight

Excellent post. A perfect synopsis to why we take the time and energy required to maintain and use these devices.

Excellent!!!!! Well said :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

I often do think about the cost of a razor, some are $250 plus dollars, but compare that to a 700 dollar suit that you wear for the occasional event or interview. Think about that 1,200 dollar laptop that becomes outdated in 1-2 years. IMHO the cost of the more expensive blades, strops and brushes are totally justified, plus think about a handcrafted blade or strop and then go into Menards and compare that to a hammer manufactured en mass!

My thanks to all for the many kind words both here and in the various PM's I've received. The side discussion of Ulysses was not intentional, but I suppose not the worst companion to a meditation on straight razor shaving.

Still, one question lingers -- for someone as passionate about straight razor shaving as I, how to explain the fact that I packed for my Fourth of July weekend trip and managed to forget my shaving brush? Fingertips, no matter how dextrous, really don't cut the mustard.

My thanks again,
M.

Great post! I was bored and stumbled upon this thread. Now I am even more keen to try a cut-throat, but I've promised my wife I'll wait 'til our kids are older...:001_huh:

UP, this post deserves to be brought back up.

Thanks. Great Writing. Just trying to start and I think you captured the reason very well. (Financially it doesn't make sense)

Thanks so much everyone! My first son was just born one week ago. I can hardly wait until he's old enough for his first straight shave.

- Mark

I already have plans for my Dovo shavette when my son is old enough to "shave" with daddy. Remove the blade and let him "practice" straight shaving with dad.

Top Bottom