What's new

Why is face lathering so magical and great?

Less mess. Easier cleanup. Puts lather on face where it can be used and not left in bowl. Easier to do. Works lather onto face/into beard better.

Plus, it's how I do it, so it must be the right way.

OMyMyOHellYes

I like face lathering because whatever effort you put into whipping up the lather also goes towards massaging your face and prepping your beard. As one B&B'er put it (can't remember who), "I face lather because I'm not shaving the bowl".

True, words to live by:wink2:

I like face lathering because whatever effort you put into whipping up the lather also goes towards massaging your face and prepping your beard. As one B&B'er put it (can't remember who), "I face lather because I'm not shaving the bowl".

Pretty much sums it up...:thumbup1:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Keep in mind, YMMV!

I like face lathering because I'm not loosing any lather in a bowl (that's minor). I find that I don't have to clean a bowl after, just the brush. I can feel the lather and know if it's ready or not, if it needs more water/product or not.

In the end, you get lather so it's not a miracle or anything. If face lathering was the solution to every shavers, everyone would use it.

I like to use a bowl to practice my lather, specially when I get a new product so I can make a few batches quickly. I don't like to use a bowl because I often drop them.

Top Bottom