What's new

Why Feather Artist Club DX costs 3 times as much as Feather Artist Club SS?

Well, I guess there's only one way to find out how good this thing is.

The lime colored one was discounted on Amazon's US website today with free shipping to Europe, so I took the plunge.

If I can shave a one week stubble ATG on the first pass with this thing, then it's up to my standards of sharp.

Very curious how this will stack against my Koraat 6/8.

1597597054670.png

I no longer have my Feather straights because I just don't have the time or desire to master them, but I'm still in awe of how well they shave. I feel fairly confident that you'll get a great shave from the SS.

The lime colored one was discounted on Amazon's US website today with free shipping to Europe, so I took the plunge.

If I can shave a one week stubble ATG on the first pass with this thing, then it's up to my standards of sharp.

View attachment 1140794

I would also like to know how it compares to your Koorat

View attachment 1140794

I have this exact one. I think with light touch and little patience, you‘ll love it. I used to struggle getting under my nose and chin... no more. If I can do it, any one certainly can.

Oh, it will definitely be as sharp as your Koraat, depending, of course, on what blade you load it up with. Allow me to strongly recommend the Schick Proline. I find them at least as sharp, and considerably smoother, than the Feather AC blades.

Have fun! That little lime-colored non-folding SS is a riot. Personally I have the folding SS in the same lime color, and I love it.

Oh, it will definitely be as sharp as your Koraat, depending, of course, on what blade you load it up with. Allow me to strongly recommend the Schick Proline. I find them at least as sharp, and considerably smoother, than the Feather AC blades.

Have fun! That little lime-colored non-folding SS is a riot. Personally I have the folding SS in the same lime color, and I love it.
Well... truth is I WOULD HAVE loved it... as they're out of stock, got an email from the seller (Taeksesi) via Amazon today (see below) 😪

1597675384497.png

So, I've opted for the black one instead, although not via Amazon, as I've found a better deal coming out of a web-store in Germany. FWIW, this black one at least will arrive in 2-3 business days as they have it on stock, compared to Amazon which would've taken several weeks.

So, black "kamisori" it is...

Tnx for the blade suggestion, but I've already ordered the Feather blades, the Super, as the same shop had it on discounted offer, along with the guard, so it was a good deal after all - €120 for the whole thing.

1597675771014.png

I own both and the DX feels more like a polished precision instrument (a surgical instrument) in my hand. Also, the SS costs about $60 and the DX goes for around $125. I paid $109 for my DX plus shipping. I paid about $59 for the SS with free shipping. I love both and I can see how they are both worth their asking price but in terms of value, nothing in my opinion beats an SS.

I have one of these in kamisori style. I've used it mostly to shave the back of my neck once a month. But An OC DE is a lot easier. I finally bought some pro guard blades because I was getting so many tiny cuts on my neck and shoulders.

Just to let ya all know the razor arrived yesterday and the very first shave with it was a complete joy.

It gave me a wonderful, mild, smooth, irritation free shave.

This thing is here to stay as a "daily driver".

Funny, when I think about it... I've been shaving with a Parker shavette for months working on my SR technique, using Feather DE blades snapped in half. I never enjoyed it and although managed to get through my shaves nicks and cuts free, it was never as smooth as shave with this AC razor. The difference is immense.

I wonder why is that... perhaps the nature of the super thin DE blade Vs. the thick and rigid professional blade. I used the Pro Super type.

Just to let ya all know the razor arrived yesterday and the very first shave with it was a complete joy.

It gave me a wonderful, mild, smooth, irritation free shave.

This thing is here to stay as a "daily driver".

Funny, when I think about it... I've been shaving with a Parker shavette for months working on my SR technique, using Feather DE blades snapped in half. I never enjoyed it and although managed to get through my shaves nicks and cuts free, it was never as smooth as shave with this AC razor. The difference is immense.

I wonder why is that... perhaps the nature of the super thin DE blade Vs. the thick and rigid professional blade. I used the Pro Super type.
IMO it is a combination of the thicker blade and the lip on the SS. While I can now use a DE shavette without problems, when I started with shavettes I found the Feather DX to be easier to use. The SS takes it to a different level, one can be relatively careless (shave using fast strokes) and not get any cuts or weepers.

Top Bottom