What's new

why are gillette silver blue so much cheaper on amazon? 100 pack

I really hope so - I just ordered 200 from Amazon last night..and 50 feathers...
Although I have ordered from that seller before (wish4blades..out of Montreal I think?) and have had no issues..
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they're the same as what I've been getting from Italian barber!

On Ebay last Month I ordered 200 Gillette Silver Blue's for $14.25 per 100...
shipping from a Very Good Vendor out of New York, ,100 Percent Genuine. ..

I've always gotten mine through Amazon and they are top notch. Not saying suppliers can't change but at least of the several lots I've purchased they are right up there as a go-to blade.

This is probably a supply chain phenomenon -- the ruble is quite low against the dollar right now, and demand for dollars in Russia is high (retain value better, eh?). Direct purchase from Russia in bulk by someone who can immediately re-sell on the net compared to a company who has standing orders on contract results in temporarily lower prices. No one can afford to sell lower than they bought very long, and they have to clear inventory purchased at higher price.

I've not had any trouble with fake blades so far, even buying from Bulgaria. And I don't necessarily blame the end vendor for fakes, either -- there is no market for fake blades at the retail end, the money is in bulk shipments.

Peter

I've bought GSBs on Amazon without a problem. I've also bought them on eBay without a problem. I haven't heard any talk about counterfeit GSBs.

Top Bottom