What's new

Who's ready for white tail season?

For cold weather gear anybody try cabelas e.c.w.c.s thermals? I have been looking into them and think I'm gonna pick up a pair, some reviews are really good I need a new base layer.

Have been using ecwcs for a few years. Great base layer material. The tops I use has the zipper, which is great to vent when walking in and whenever the temps move up. The fabric is very light weight to carry, so I usually pack an extra in my pack if the temps fall.

I leave tomorrow for our NY Saturday rifle opener. Best of luck to all----

I'm missing out this year because I moved and haven't established residency yet, but I still almost got a 12 pointer with my car the other day. I got lost in a residential area after a highway detour (literally was 3 blocks from a major highway), and came upon 2 Does and this Buck. He wasn't huge, at probably 180 lbs, but had a great rack.

Whitetail season started on Oct 21st for me.

Already been out 3 weekends and haven't seen much at all. I have 3 weekends left until season closes this year, hopefully I'll run into a decent buck to take home by then.

My bush rifle, a 1968 Marlin 336RC.

$247108_219070548114404_100000343827839_804098_317689_n.jpg

Whitetail season started on Oct 21st for me.

Already been out 3 weekends and haven't seen much at all. I have 3 weekends left until season closes this year, hopefully I'll run into a decent buck to take home by then.

My bush rifle, a 1968 Marlin 336RC.

View attachment 286248

Purdy, my brush gun is a 1968 Model 94 30/30 (of course), I've gotten so many deer with that gun (including my first) that I've lost count. My main gun is a BLR .308. which is actually my dad's but after I "borrowed" it the first year he had it and I got two deer that day and another two the following day, it's been my gun ever since. (I think he may have shot like 2 rounds at a deer with it ;)

Dang 6 week long rifle season??

getting geared up in two weeks I will prob be going out for the last time this year. :( I have not had much luck the few times I went out, did not get to really go at all this year being so busy, missed rifle season all together. Lets hope for the best. I picked up a nice deer cart for 35 bucks at cabelas today normally 80 sale ends the 28th so if any of you are in the market you might want to check it out.

getting geared up in two weeks I will prob be going out for the last time this year. :( I have not had much luck the few times I went out, did not get to really go at all this year being so busy, missed rifle season all together. Lets hope for the best. I picked up a nice deer cart for 35 bucks at cabelas today normally 80 sale ends the 28th so if any of you are in the market you might want to check it out.

Deer cart? lol usually I just walk back to the farm and get the tractor/wagon waiting set up waiting for us (in bad weather times of course) otherwise it's just easier to get a pickup truck. IMO the last time I did have to drag a deer was through a new growth popal/birch thicket that I don't think even a cart would have worked! There were a number of times I had to work the buck's rack to get it through the path lol.

That does seem like a good deal though. Good Luck!!!

I wish! where I hunt we cant bring the truck through the field so we have to drag it. trust me when you have a choice of dragging or carting you wont even have to think about it lol My goal is to find better hunting land for next year but for now beggars cant be choosers.

Top Bottom