What's new

Who wants to try PannaCrema Nuavia Blu and Nuavia Rossa

These are still only available with the ceramic bowl, right?

Correct.

Box is packed up and ready to ship to Jessy. I should be able to drop it at the post office today after work.

Updated list (Round 1)

1. dfoulk - complete
2. Corsair66 - complete (helping to moderate)
3. horvy - complete
4. Rory1262 - complete
5. tclobaugh - complete
6. calhoun1 - complete
7. mrlandpirate - complete
8. AndroiDad75 - complete
9. AbbyW2 - complete
10. SilentTuba - complete
11. mbkintner - complete
12. dangerousdon - complete
13. DaltonGang - complete
14. ashcampbell - complete
15. BJ Rose - complete
16. floyd923 - complete
17. dgreene120 - complete
18. bach_rocks - complete
19. Jcan88 - complete
20. bigxnyc - complete
21. peterwinkle - complete
22. jamesearthdrum - complete
23. Tulsa77 - not seen on B&B since 11/15, skipped
24. domzals1 - complete, Shipping to Jessy
25. Rusty hammer - no recent activity, skipped
26. jzuzphreek - I'm in
27. shubes - I'm in
28. thehollowaytape - (only 5 forums posts as of 2/24)

Last shave with the Blu yesterday. Equally fine shave as the first time. Relatively effortless BBS with just one small weeper.

Overall, very impressed with the Nuavia brand. I can see why many people are very enthusiastic about this soap. This is one of the best performing soaps I've ever used, which at this point, is quite a few brands. It lathers extremely easily in my hard Chicago water and is fairly slick.

That said, unfortunately, IMHO, they just don't quite justify the price point for me. I love the ceramic pots, I really do. But at $65, I would have expected the soap to blow my other "top tier" soaps out of the water, with those brands being Stirling, Catie's Bubbles, and Haslinger. The Nuavia definitely is on par with those brands, but cost anywhere from 3x to 6x as much. Maybe if PC ultimately offers them as refill pucks, I would be sold.

Thanks again, David, for putting this passaround together.

Box is en route to Jessy : 9505 5000 0480 6113 0001 73

Interesting cocnlusions Ryan. At soem point I believe Pasteurs at nyc was oferring at about $45. Would that price tag make things different for you?

[MENTION=87595]lloydrm[/MENTION] at $45 I would probably purchase it, yes. At that price for the soap plus bowl and no shipping (if I lived in NYC) it'd be a much stronger contender for my top tier.

@lloydrm at $45 I would probably purchase it, yes. At that price for the soap plus bowl and no shipping (if I lived in NYC) it'd be a much stronger contender for my top tier.
Thanks and aplogies for the many typos I was not able to go back and edit.
My hopes arr on a refill for various reasons.

The box arrived yesterday! Safe and sound!! I'll spare the unboxing pictures since we've seen them so many times, but allow me to echo everyone else when I say how great the interior crate is! Great work on that, David!

I didn't get to shave yesterday, but the whole family did get to sniff both soaps. I'm pleased to say that both smell intoxicating to me! I was worried that the scents would fall a little short for me, given some of the other's reviews, but they really hit me in all the right places. They're both so very different too! The red is warm and almost spicy, with a "walk-in-the-forest-chopping-firewood" quality that I love. Meanwhile, the blue has a luxurious cologne quality that I find really hard to describe, but I LOVE cologne.

I'm interested to find out how both of these feel on my face, and also if my impression of the scents will change at all. I really hope I hate how these shave, though... cause $65 is a lot of money for soap. And I promised myself not to buy any soap. :blushing:

$1.png

Wow! It is nice to see that this has moved nicely along! This box has seen some serious miles and has traveled a distance. Too bad we were not keeping track of miles between users...it would just be interesting. This also has to be the most efficient pass-around I have seen. The number of people on this list is astounding and there haven't been too many hang-ups. Bravo Gentlemen...Bravo.

Ya'll! A MILLION and 1 apologies. I owe you all about 14 reviews of these amazing soaps!

I've hardly been online at all the past few weeks, which is unusual for me, and it's only getting worse since I'm starting my MBA today. David, I'm going to get the box in the mail to you ASAP! I promise I haven't run off with the soap!

After class tonight, I'm going to type up my full review (spoiler alert: it will be glowing and full of admiration), and again, I'm sorry to leave ya'll hanging for so long.

Ya'll! A MILLION and 1 apologies. I owe you all about 14 reviews of these amazing soaps!

I've hardly been online at all the past few weeks, which is unusual for me, and it's only getting worse since I'm starting my MBA today. David, I'm going to get the box in the mail to you ASAP! I promise I haven't run off with the soap!

After class tonight, I'm going to type up my full review (spoiler alert: it will be glowing and full of admiration), and again, I'm sorry to leave ya'll hanging for so long.

Jessy, no problem, whenever you're ready just send it my way. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Updated list (Round 1) - complete

1. dfoulk - complete
2. Corsair66 - complete (helping to moderate)
3. horvy - complete
4. Rory1262 - complete
5. tclobaugh - complete
6. calhoun1 - complete
7. mrlandpirate - complete
8. AndroiDad75 - complete
9. AbbyW2 - complete
10. SilentTuba - complete
11. mbkintner - complete
12. dangerousdon - complete
13. DaltonGang - complete
14. ashcampbell - complete
15. BJ Rose - complete
16. floyd923 - complete
17. dgreene120 - complete
18. bach_rocks - complete
19. Jcan88 - complete
20. bigxnyc - complete
21. peterwinkle - complete
22. jamesearthdrum - complete
23. Tulsa77 - not seen on B&B since 11/15, skipped
24. domzals1 - complete
25. Rusty hammer - no recent activity, skipped
26. jzuzphreek - complete

Nice job everyone. Round one is successfully completed and the box is back in my possession. If you're interested in round two watch this thread closely over the next couple weeks.

What an odyssey!

That led me to wonder what the name of Ulysses' ship was -- David's box could bear that name too.
I was interested to find that neither the mythical hero's flagship nor any others in his fleet bore names.

Since I have both blu and Rosso now I will not be participating in the next round.

Anyone on the fence, jump in when the sign ups are open. These are amazing soaps and well worth the price of admission!

By the way, how much of the product was used after 24 tour stops?

I gave a quick look when I got the tubs back but I didn't measure or try to guess. I'll have to press it down flat and put a toothpick in it to see how deep it is. My initial guess would be about an eight of what we started with, maybe? But I could be off by a good amount as this guess was based on a quick look. I have to look again.

I suspect that this isn't a good estimation on how long a tub of soap would last as you can't measure what people are using. How many times they used it, if they did some test lathers, or if they put some aside for a special shave on their Birthday. For example, we had a tub of Martin de Candre that was generously donated to another passaround. After one pass of 15 people using it for one shave each the jar was half empty. I know that a tub will last somewhere around 200 plus shaves so someone or several people took a bit more than they should have. At the rate that it should have been used that jar should have lasted ten years. So it only takes one person to screw it up.

I'm not saying that anyone was dishonest in this passaround, but it's hard to say how many shaves a soap will last if you're not the one using it start to finish yourself. The 3017 thread would be a better source for soap usage thought I don't think anyone has 3017'd Nuavia yet. I was trying to make it last as long as possible initially to get a couple rounds out of the jars, but Marco did say a couple people into the passaround (after seeing some weaker lathers) to load it heavier, to use whatever you wanted, and to shave with it as many times as you'd like while you have the box. He did agree to send more soap for this round so you'll hear no complaints from me. This is very generous of him and a best case scenario for this passaround. So what I'm getting at is there's really no way to get an accurate shave count from this. Some people posted the pictures as they were instructed to do and others did not. We will tighten that up for next round as it is a requirement. Plus, I can use my 20mm brush, my 28mm brush, or anything in between to lather it. The brushes chosen during the passaround would have an impact on the shave count as well.

I guess what I'm getting at is there are too many people and too many factors involved to get an accurate shave count.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I was never signed up here, because I just bought both based on the outstanding reviews.

I have since purchased some other outstanding soaps - Haslinger/C&S.

Both are great, but both are not as good as Nuavia.

Buy now! Explain to wife later!

Ok, so this round has come to a close and I have a surprise gift from Marco being sent my way for one of you.
I've selected the winner (Corsair66) based on his review of the Nuava soaps as well as his general participation in the thread. I've spent the past hour rereading the thread. It wasn't an easy choice by any means as several people stood out for their excellent contributions. All said and done it could have easily gone a few different ways, so as painful as it was to pick, I've made a choice. Congratulations Ken. I'll send you an email shortly asking you for your address.

Here's what you will receive. A tub of the brand new Pure20 soap from PannaCrema in the Vetiver scent.

$pure2o-vetiver.jpg

As soon as I receive it from Marco (it's in the box with the round two soap) I'll forward it to you so that you can be one of the very first to try it. Feel free to write a review and share your thoughts.

Thanks again to all that participated in this passaround. I've enjoyed the conversations and hearing all of your thoughts about the soap. We'll be doing a second round soon in another thread so please feel free to share your thoughts there.

Top Bottom