What's new

Who uses an Old Spice Shaving Mug?

I have a "hull pottery" mug that i just use to soak my brush while showering. I have a larger bowl for lathering. Its a nice piece to have on MY side of the bathroom vanity.

I have an Old Spice Mug and bought one for my brother as well; our father still has his old one. I use mine for loading and sometimes mug lathering.

I have one of each of the 15 sold here in the US. I also have a couple still in the box. Love OS, Father used it as did his dad.

proxy.php

I’ve got three, a pre-war one (see photo) that always holds a puck of Mitchell’s Woolfat plus a couple of 1950’s vintage for other soaps I might be trying.

Not as big as modern mugs but keep down the waste as it gods just enough lather for a 3 pass shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi,

I have six (I think) of the ones from the early 80s. I use one with a glycerine and tallow soap mix I make up myself. Two still have Old Spice in them. I got them in 96 after my dad passed. I shave with it on special days. The rest are spares.

Stan

I have found 4 OS shaving mugs floating around in the wild, plus I grabbed a Belgian produced mug with a puck in it off BST.

Here are the four I hunted down:
Hull Pottery 03 - 1944 to early 1950s
> Ship Friendship (Williams)

Early Glass Mug 05 - Late 1950s to 1960
> Shaving Mug, unnamed Ship Friendship image (RR Lime)

Late Glass Mug 02 - 1964 to 1978
> Ship Grand Turk both sides, big script opposite handle (Col Conk Amber)

Late Glass Mug 04 - Mid 1970s to 1992
> Recovery and Grand Turk on opposite sides (Arko)

Also found one of the coffee mugs. I visit an ‘Old Spice collectibles’ (take the spaces out) website for good info and a typology of the mugs.

C4DD60E1-1C90-48AC-A6EC-90BFE2916ABD.jpeg

View attachment 1081000
View attachment 1081001
View attachment 1081002
I use this Shulton Old Spice mug made by Wade with grated MWF which I have seeded with vintage Shulton Old Spice. The mug lid is recessed to form a brush rest. Quite a rare mug. 👍

Plenty of wow factor for that mug! I won’t find one in the wild on this side of the pond. Thanks for the great photos. I hadn’t realized there was a brush rest in the cover. That’s an idea to consider when I turn a few wooden OS mug covers once the weather improves.

And the creamy Manchurian knot is excellent color coordination! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom