What's new

who makes a good OTR slim fit dress shirt?

sorry if this has been beaten to death but i'm still searching for a decent slim fit dress shirt without any luck. any particular brands worth checking out?

Another vote for Brooks Brothers. I only wear the all-cotton non-iron slim fit shirts from Brooks. They fit me well and truly do not require pressing, if you hang them promptly after drying.

I've been using Charles Tyrwhitt (ctshirts.co.uk). I find their shirts to be very good for the price and much better than anything I find in local department stores

Any particular reason they must be off the rack? There are a number of companies who do custom fit shirts for reasonable prices.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
sorry if this has been beaten to death but i'm still searching for a decent slim fit dress shirt without any luck. any particular brands worth checking out?

Your comment implies that you have tried some brands and been dissatisfied.

Soooo ... which brands have you already tried (so we don't suggest them again :001_rolle) and why are you dissatisfied with them? If you tell us what you dislike about them that gives us a reference point as to what you are looking for.

I wear the Joseph A. Banks Traveler Tailored fit or the Brooks Brothers Non-iron Slim Fit. Both of these shirts are non-iron, but I find that I need to iron them. Also, they are "slim" in comparison to the regular cut which is ample.

In my opinon the Jos. A. Bank shirt is nicer (and cheaper), however I have been told that my opinon is incorrect by a couple of guys who really, really care about the logo on their shirt.

Actually, in my opinion, all the Jos A. Banks stuff is nicer and cheaper than Brooks Brothers.

I prefer a slim fit shirt and my 2 best I have tried are Paul Smith or Ted Baker. If I had to choose I'd go with the Paul Smith :001_smile

I'll vote for Brooks Brother's too. I've been wearing the slim fits for a long time. Their non iron shirts are nice, but for a real luxury try the traditional cotton. Not quite as stiff as the no iron, and they are comfortable all day. They have a new ultra slim fit shirt line, too.

I've looking for a while as well (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=141869) before ordering a slim fit from ctshirts.com. They have a sale right now so the prices are decent. I ordered a normal slim fit which was nice but could have been a tiny bit more tailored. I noticed afterward that they had something called black label which is even more tailored.

I've tried the brooks brothers and it's nowhere near as slim/tailored as I would like unfortunately

My friend wears Thomas Pink slimfits, extremely sharp shirts, they look fantastic. I'm not a slim-fit person, so I wear their regular shirts.

I wear the Joseph A. Banks Traveler Tailored fit or the Brooks Brothers Non-iron Slim Fit. Both of these shirts are non-iron, but I find that I need to iron them. Also, they are "slim" in comparison to the regular cut which is ample.

In my opinon the Jos. A. Bank shirt is nicer (and cheaper), however I have been told that my opinon is incorrect by a couple of guys who really, really care about the logo on their shirt.

Actually, in my opinion, all the Jos A. Banks stuff is nicer and cheaper than Brooks Brothers.

BB dress shirts do not have a logo.

I think it comes down to whether you want slim or SLIM. I prefer a slim but classic look that's suitable for the office or going out. Brooks Brothers slim cut is perfect for me in this respect. BB does not make the trendy, skin-tight shirts some younger guys prefer today, however.

TM Lewin Slim shirts are fabulous. They've got a great deal going now.

I like them better than my BB shirts- they're cut a little better (for me). They are more conservatively styled, but they do have a line that is a bit more bold. Top notch quality at a reasonable price.

I know, I know, first post and I'm shilling. :001_rolle

Another fan of the Brooks Bros. no-iron slim fits here. Great shirts and they're acceptable if you hang them up after drying.

Some people like logos, but I won't buy any clothing with a prominent logo on it. All of my clothes either have nothing or a discreet one on the hem or otherwise hidden. If a company wants me to advertise, they need to pay me for it.

the DKNY slim fit shirt I bought last week is decent enough. my only complaint is that I don't really care for the narrow collar. so, who makes an inexpensive slim fit shirt with a spread collar?

Top Bottom