What's new

Who Likes the “Like” Button?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was tempted to like this but then you wouldn't know i was joking
See how confusing that button is?!?

Seriously, my first instinct was to disapprove of the like button.

MOSTLY because I know me, and I am inherantly lazy. No need to try to say something witty when I can just put a picture of a thumb, or a yellow face leaning towards the right with a smile on it's yellow face.

And then I actually looked at people up thumbing stuff: there are folks I've never heard of or seen a post from that are using the feature. This is getting them to engage!

Now the pressure is on me to be relevant enough to get the most thumbs up in the history of B&B!

See how confusing that button is?!?

Seriously, my first instinct was to disapprove of the like button.

MOSTLY because I know me, and I am inherantly lazy. No need to try to say something witty when I can just put a picture of a thumb, or a yellow face leaning towards the right with a smile on it's yellow face.

And then I actually looked at people up thumbing stuff: there are folks I've never heard of or seen a post from that are using the feature. This is getting them to engage!

Now the pressure is on me to be relevant enough to get the most thumbs up in the history of B&B!

There ya go. And there is nothing stopping you from commenting rather than thumbing. But there are times when what I have to say has already been said by numerous other posters. Sure, I can copy their post and do a +1. But the thumb is so much more efficient. And since I'm such an opinionated fool, I'll continue to post comments at the same frequency. But I'll also be able to do the thumb, adding to my repertoire.

FarmerTan

There ya go. And there is nothing stopping you from commenting rather than thumbing. But there are times when what I have to say has already been said by numerous other posters. Sure, I can copy their post and do a +1. But the thumb is so much more efficient. And since I'm such an opinionated fool, I'll continue to post comments at the same frequency. But I'll also be able to do the thumb, adding to my repertoire.
Don't forget to use the round yellow faced fellow as well! And thank you for using the word repertoire. I went to publik skool so I looked it up!

And did you notice @Rhody gave me an up thumb? I'm thinking he was looking for another digit? What, I don't deserve a yellow faced round body?!?

I just realized we now have it. On a recent thread on the subject I thought the general consensus was that most people didn't want it. I guess not.
I think it's unfortunate because a lot of people will just hit the "like" button instead of making a short comment which I believe is much better.
I find it an ice-breaker. Helps me be a bit more chatty.

Is this a trick? Have you read my drivel? You are a Moderator.

Am I being set up?

I should be in bed anyway.

Do your toilets flush backwards?

Your drivel is often insightful, witty and sometimes just down right hilarious. This place would be somewhat boring without the musings of King Arko. [emoji16]

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

cleanshaved

I’m stumped

Am I being set up?

No, yes and yes.

Am I being set up?
I'm not a liberty to say,

Nah, stay up and chat away.

No, yours flush backward. :)

FarmerTan

Your drivel is often insightful, witty and sometimes just down right hilarious. This place would be somewhat boring without the musings of King Arko. [emoji16]

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019
Ya know, if a King Gillette can exist, why not a King Arko?

The nice thing about being a King is you don't have to run for reelection!

You just have to run from revolting peasants.

Top Bottom