What's new

Who has the time

I just had a great shave this morning - on a Sunday!! I get the impression that most of the members go through a full multi-pass shave daily. I feel lucky to get a WTG and ATG pass before having to head out during a work day. Granted, this is better than my old DE shave with canned shaving cream with a WTG pass only. BUT! With my fiancee trying to get ready at the same time and the water going on and off I am lucky to get a shower without getting scalded and a shave without running out of hot water. Am I alone here!!!

When I was working I would shave in the car with a battery powered electric. Now that I am retired I shave with either a DE or Str8 depending upon my mood. Am I rubbing it in? Just a little...
Ken.

Curiously, I get more shave time in on workday mornings. 3 passes WTG,XTG and ATG. I'll use either, one of my straights, a DE, GEM or an Injector razor. On weekends, I'm so eager to get out and do stuff or hit that bicycle trail that I usually just lather up quickly and grab my mach3 or don't shave at all.
Ernest

I just had a great shave this morning - on a Sunday!! I get the impression that most of the members go through a full multi-pass shave daily. I feel lucky to get a WTG and ATG pass before having to head out during a work day. Granted, this is better than my old DE shave with canned shaving cream with a WTG pass only. BUT! With my fiancee trying to get ready at the same time and the water going on and off I am lucky to get a shower without getting scalded and a shave without running out of hot water. Am I alone here!!!

I'm so disoriented in the morning that I have to double check to make sure I have all my clothes on. That's why I prefer to shave at night right before I go to bed. Depending on how fast your beard grows you may or may not be able to do this, but it allows me to really take my time and enjoy the shave.

I'm in college and do my best to sleep as much as possible while still making it to class without being late. I shave at night after the gym. I dont need to be clean shaven but if I shave the night before, right before bed, I'll get my 5 O' clock shadow the same time as all those mach 3 guys who shaved in the morning.

I pack my wife off to work early in the morning, so I have all the hot water and time I like!
The weekend is the chaotic time in my household. But I'll still find time for my shave, even if I have to boil a kettle for the hot water.

I wake up early and do a WTG and 2 XTG, opposite directions. Fortunately, my roomie uses a barbaric electric razor. Only when I am going to go out and have the opportunity to meet the ladies so I bother with a ATG pass. I used to get razor bumps from ATG but I think my face has toughened up a bit. Overall though, it takes me 15 mins to do the whole shave.

Let SWMBO take care of the kids, have shower, shave, get dressed, go downstairs, have breakfast and leave for work. :cool:

metzmo

I get up at 0500 everyday - just wired that way, I guess. SWMBO gets up much later. I heat my shaving water on the stove, and take a leisurely 20 - 30 minutes to shave. It's the best part of my day, and I wont give it up for anything short of fire, flood or sudden death.

Best Regards

Graham

had the same problem, just shave at night you will get all the time u need and that will save you time and sleep in the morning

I get up at 6 and hit the shower and shave. I am usually don by 6:45 - I take my time, then have breakfast etc... it has become 'my time' in the a.m. before my sons get up and the sh^% hits the fan (...so to speak :001_smile)

Ya, morning sink politics have been a factor now that de shaving has entered the picture. I learned that she likes me clean shaven every day so the stubble threat kind of works in my favor. Never been scalded but if i were I might be tempted to "absentmindedly" run a wash. That way I might not have to do laundry for a while. On second thought, that could clue her in to the fact that I know how to work the washing machine.

Top Bottom