What's new

Who has history of Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap, Ltd.

Anyone think of stocking up ? Tabac ,La toja and others have all changed formulas. Tabac was my golden one lol. MWF is great and might get me by, Arko is cheap but haven't tried it. I know others make good stuff but hate looking for something I already have found again.
I am. Its a keeper for me, will be in my final 4 or 5 soap rotation!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Anyone think of stocking up ? Tabac ,La toja and others have all changed formulas. Tabac was my golden one lol. MWF is great and might get me by, Arko is cheap but haven't tried it. I know others make good stuff but hate looking for something I already have found again.
Not me - I used to love MWF but after several attempts to contact Mitchells via their website and receiving no reply I ceased using it. I will not patronise any company that offers a method with which to engage with its customers and then refuses to do so; their soap is good but not that good. As for the 'original 1893 formula', that is a lot of flimflam cooked up in the 1970s along with their shaving soap - it goes beyond creative marketing to the point of deception.

With just five employees, I doubt they have the manpower to read all of their emails, much less answer them. They may not even know how to use their own website; it's likely maintained by some IT guy they know.

I too was wondering why they have not yet reformulated and ruined their soap just to follow the trend. Yesterday, I abandoned the crumbly remains of a very old puck and shaved with a freshly unwrapped puck. It produced so much lather that I looked like the Arco man. What a nice, clean scent! I agree with the statement that MWF makes for a great break from the heavily scented soaps that most of us enjoy.

I've contacted them and they responded. It took a couple of days. They are a small family owned business and they likely have a huge volume of email and other correspondence with which to deal. (Of course, replies from businesses can get shuttled off to the spam or promotions in the email).

I have three pucks and have another in my cart. I am not worried about them going out of business, but I do worry about my local brick and mortar going out of business making The Fat harder for me to get. This is only one of two soaps for which I keep backups. I love this stuff.

With just five employees, I doubt they have the manpower to read all of their emails, much less answer them. They may not even know how to use their own website; it's likely maintained by some IT guy they know.

I too was wondering why they have not yet reformulated and ruined their soap just to follow the trend. Yesterday, I abandoned the crumbly remains of a very old puck and shaved with a freshly unwrapped puck. It produced so much lather that I looked like the Arco man. What a nice, clean scent! I agree with the statement that MWF makes for a great break from the heavily scented soaps that most of us enjoy.
Wonder no more .:c1::c1:

Top Bottom