What's new

Which Pass Causes More Cuts?

Wtg, occasionally I am a little cavalier when I start my shave. 😗
This seems to be my experience. I tend to draw blood more on the first pass, I think because I tend to be less careful then. I shave with a straight almost exclusively these days, and rarely draw blood. If I do, it’s from the first pass.

For me it was the ATG but since I do it second and finish with XTG, it's much better.
I wonder if it's because when done second, the skin isn't as tired and can handle the pass better...

That is really dependant on facial features how soft or rough your skin is oof so many variables …but I guess for me the most I’ve probably got myself would be with the grain and xtg …areas of note around the chin …actually that’s about it tbh ….once in a blue moon but it happens I have a dip there and sometimes just sometimes things happen lol

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I would occasionally get a weeper on the 15th pass with a blade, which was ATG. I've eliminated almost all weepers by changing the blade after 12 passes now.

I don't think it was the blade, but rather my trying to compensate for the slow death of the edge by unconsciously altering my technique.

Top Bottom