What's new

Which Pass Causes More Cuts?

I do a conventional 3 pass shave each morning: WTG, XTG, and ATG in that sequence. I have tough whiskers. I seldom cut or weeper myself. But when I do, I find it generally is on the second pass, the XTG pass, and it generally is on the front of the jaw or on the neck.

What pass for you is the most troublesome for cuts or weepers?

Atg on the left side of my lower left neck. I am a lefty makes it a bit awkward. And sometimes atg/xtg jawline/neck

We are in general discussion so I am assuming we are talking DE. In which case it would be neck or jaw line on the ATG pass. But VERY seldom ever. If we are talking SR it would be either index or middle finger on my left hand. Seems to get in the way when stretching and gets more cuts than any part of my face AHAHHA But sorta serious :(

For me, it's the first pass WTG.

I've been going longer in between shaves and if I'm not vigilant about prep, my first pass can be a bit rough.

What pass for you is the most troublesome for cuts or weepers?
For me, usually the last one :cool:

I begin by shaving WTG followed by an XTG pass. I should be done at this point as evidenced by the lack of stubble felt during the facial rinse. But there's usually a brush that still holds a pass or two of lathering goodness, or the shave was so smooth and relaxing up to this point that another pass or two seems warranted. And that's when it happens... another great shave is downgraded to a really good shave.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For me, usually the last one :cool:

I begin by shaving WTG followed by an XTG pass. I should be done at this point as evidenced by the lack of stubble felt during the facial rinse. But there's usually a brush that still holds a pass or two of lathering goodness, or the shave was so smooth and relaxing up to this point that another pass or two seems warranted. And that's when it happens... another great shave is downgraded to a really good shave.
This is me.

Reactions: bjm

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Most of my weepers are blemish's being sheared or buffing in one area to long. Sometimes (rare) its a misplaced razor or plunking the razor at the start of a stroke and that is just operator area and needs a little refinement in his or her technique.

Reactions: bjm

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Interesting question. For me, it's a diagonal XTG which hits areas on my mid-neck where the hair can have various growth patterns.

Interesting question. For me, it's a diagonal XTG which hits areas on my mid-neck where the hair can have various growth patterns.
Same for me. I do two passes. One WTG and another XTG with some touch ups as needed. Usually have 1 to two weepers around the adams apple area since thats the area where growth patterns don't like to play nice.

I don't often draw blood these days, but if there is going to be trouble, it's usually neck-shaving ATG or XTG. I'm content to settle for a drama-free DFS there.

I don't get many cuts, if I do, it's during touchups, which are nearly always ATG. I think it's because the hair is already cut, fairly close, and the only thing that will cut more is slight pressure, and precise angles. I don't think about it, but, it's a lot of geometry, and physics, and most of it is on auto pilot..:). I'm usually content before any of that takes place.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I do two passes, WTG and XTG and very rarely do I get cuts. I mostly SR shave and if I deviate from my deliberate slow, steady routine, that’s when I’m vulnerable.

With the occasional exceptions of being careless and random skin blemishes, I never cut myself now that I’m using a mild razor. I haven’t seen blood in months and I’m having close comfortable shaves too.

Top Bottom