What's new

Which knot would you recommend?

I'm looking at doing my first restore and am curious as to which knot I should choose. I face lather and use creams 70% of the time, the other 30% I use Tabac, LoToja and MWF soaps. I like a stiffer backbone and don't mind any prickliness. I have a silver tip now that is pretty floppy. Was thinking of going with a pure badger or black badger. Your help is appreciated.

You can affect the backbone by shortening or lengthening the loft of whichever knot you select.

Please don't view this as a hijack. I too am working on a restore and have a knot issue.

About 18 months ago, I did this restore:

proxy.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I used a TGN Silvertip Grade A.

This week, intending to do another restore, I ordered the same knot. It arrived today. And...it feels much scritchier than the supposedly same knot I ordered 18 months ago.

I don't know if the 18 months have softened the original knot and, in time, this one will too.

Or. If I should exchange it for a different knot. ( I don't even know if Tony does exchanges).

I'm want a soft tipped brush, primarily for cream, but with just enough backbone to face lather on occasion. The intended handle is similar to a PJ2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pure can be prickly. How about a 22mm short lofted best from TGN. Set it at about 50mm or just below. No scritch and plenty of backbone.

Which handle is it going in?

Top Bottom