What's new

Which Creed cologne has the best longevity and sillage?

Wanted to love the decant of GIT and was disappointed, not in the fragrance but in the longevity and sillage. After 2 hours or so I couldn't smell anything on my body and I was using a good number of sprays on my pulse points. Others when asked could not detect any fragrance.

So my question is which Creed had staying power and projection power and then I can do some research on the scent itself

Thanks all for the help

Mike

Longevity and sillage largely depend on the person's body chemistry. Look for scents with profiles you like first then you can select the ones with the best longevity and sillage.

you are probably right but where is the best place to start? Basenotes. My preference has always been for
fougere scents.

thanks again

It's always a good place to read reviews as they can help generate some more ideas. I'm quite certain that there are plenty of people here who will be willing to provide you with more than enough ideas for scents to add to your list.

"Fougere" is unfortunately a sometimes broad and ecompassing classification, so you should provide some specific scents, and/or notes if possible, to better help people guide you towards scents to test out.

As a side note, I would suggest not limiting your selections to only one "family" of scent. There may be certain notes or aspects (floral, gourmand, etc...) of a scent you think you may not like only to be pleasantly surprised upon smelling them in execution.

Of the Creeds...I suggest you try out Aventus, it gets a lot if praise on basenotes/fragrantica/Facebook. I have the z01 batch and it has very good sillage with very good longevity as well. For me, the second choice would be Silver Mountain Water. Try out what works for you!
Regards

I can definitely vouch for Aventus. Put it on at 7:30 this morning and people could smell me from a decent distance about 8 hours later (around 330). Was with the Z01 batch for clarification (don't worry about batches, only one from years ago was considered "bad"). Probably your best bet for a Creed (if you are going for the house signature "fresher" vibe). Original Santal supposedly has good longevity as well but that is a sweeter scent. Avoid Imperial, Silver Water, and Himalaya as those all have rather low marks in those areas in general.

It depends on the batch and if you have dry skin or oily skin... some will last a bit longer than others excluding the Aventus. The batch fiasco there is which has more birch(smokiness) or which has more pinapple/fruity accord. I agree with Greek Trojan and I can say from my experience youre gauranteed 8+ hours. My SMW lasts me 5-7 hours....which for a Creed is good. One trick is to spray your clothes, the fabric holds the oils longer than skin will.

It must be body chemistry, GIT has room clearing silage and last the whole day on me.

For me it's SMW. I have no idea why, but that one just hangs around for a long time on me where others don't.
Aventus will last a long time too.

On my skin Aventus, GIT, Bois du Portugal, Original Santal, & Original Vetiver all have staying power. However, Millisime Imperial smells great, but I'm lucky if I get a couple hours.

As to which Creed has the best longevity, that really isn't a question easily answered. We'll see virtually every Creed named here ift he thread goes on a while.

I think it does vary a bit from person to person. For me, Baie de Genivre, Original Vetiver, Virgin Island Water, Vetiver'48, Tabarome, Royal Scottish Lavender all pass my "still present at the end of workday" test.

GIT does fade a bit. I really wonder if it really only lasts two hours on OP though. Aventus is said by many to be long lasting, but I seem to be scent blind to it after a half hour.

i don't know how new Ticman is to scents, but olfactory fatigue can be a very real concern. It could also be applying from a little vial is not optimal. It may just be GIT doesn't work for Him. Bois du Portugal doesn't seem to work for me in the longevity department.

Last edited:
StylinLA, I am not new to scents but I am only able to say if I like it or not. I couldn't pick out the top, middle or base notes on any fragrance. Olfactory overload could also be an issue for me. I have to tend to rely on the "noses" of others and reviews to make a decision. Bought something blind once and it just wasn't for me, so now I try to get a decant or find it in a store for a live "test". Fragrances that have longevity for me are Eternity, Tam Dao, and Knize10. As AAron01 above said, maybe I shouldn't try to be married to a family (Creed), but rather find a scent I like and go from there. As I said I like Eternity--what other suggestions would others make based on this. I don't want to duplicate Eternity but would like something in that scent "family"

thanks all for your help.

Mike

Original Santal lasts longest on me. I can smell it the next day before I shower. Next would be SMW, Aventus, and then GIT.

StylinLA, I am not new to scents but I am only able to say if I like it or not. I couldn't pick out the top, middle or base notes on any fragrance. Olfactory overload could also be an issue for me. I have to tend to rely on the "noses" of others and reviews to make a decision. Bought something blind once and it just wasn't for me, so now I try to get a decant or find it in a store for a live "test". Fragrances that have longevity for me are Eternity, Tam Dao, and Knize10. As AAron01 above said, maybe I shouldn't try to be married to a family (Creed), but rather find a scent I like and go from there. As I said I like Eternity--what other suggestions would others make based on this. I don't want to duplicate Eternity but would like something in that scent "family"

thanks all for your help.

Mike

Got it. Well, Creed makes a lot of fine scents, but your nose is king. The scents you like are pretty traditional and many Creeds are as well. If you like Tam Dao, you might like Bois du Portgual...a sandalwood scent. A traditonal "power" scent.

Creed Royal English Leather may be discontinued- I forget- but is similar to Knize Ten. More citrus; less floral than Knize Ten. I would venture that most men who like one would like the other.

Bois du Portgual found it on Overstock for 122.00 for 2.5 oz Any concerns as to whether this is legitimate juice or not?? big difference from fragrancenet.com at 190 for same size before discount. May go with Perfumed court for a decant first. Other suggestions always welcomed.

you have all been very helpful. appreciate that

Top Bottom