What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Gillette Skin Guard / 6

Did something a bit different today. Put it on the vibrating Fusion handle and used the power. It was interesting. I don't think it shaves any closer, but I think I got a quicker shave. Trouble spots that took more buffing with the Skin Guard to get as close as it could shave seemed to be completely shaved after pass number 2.

I used an SE yesterday on the first pass. It was a new blade, but not what I'd call a good blade. Very tuggy and left me a bit raw, so today I decided to go easy on the face, hence the skin guard. Didn't use witch hazel and used British Sterling AS. No sting, so I know the skin fared well.

It's a serious thing, this RAD. :laugh:

I got it bad Doc, real bad.

I went on a buying spree 6 years ago when I got into DE shaving. Then my RAD went into remission until this year when I got back into cartridge shaving . It was kinda crazy these last few weeks but I’m now pretty much done with buying any more Trac II or Atra carts . They are all sealed away in watertight / air tight boxes . I will not need to worry about running out of these for the next 20 years or so [emoji2957]lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillette Skin Guard / 6

Did something a bit different today. Put it on the vibrating Fusion handle and used the power. It was interesting. I don't think it shaves any closer, but I think I got a quicker shave. Trouble spots that took more buffing with the Skin Guard to get as close as it could shave seemed to be completely shaved after pass number 2.

I used an SE yesterday on the first pass. It was a new blade, but not what I'd call a good blade. Very tuggy and left me a bit raw, so today I decided to go easy on the face, hence the skin guard. Didn't use witch hazel and used British Sterling AS. No sting, so I know the skin fared well.

The skin guard cart fits on a fusion handle ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colibri Ambassadeur/ Wilkinson W II (2)
1D9AC818-B5CA-413D-89E5-AB0B2207D4E2.jpeg

Pleasantly surprised to find that this easily handled 3 days growth and gave an excellent head shave.
I guess all vintage Wilkinson blades are superb.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Yesterday I used the Skin Guard because the prior day's shave had left me a little raw. The Skin Guard worked it's magic and I was all healed up.

Today was a 4 blade cart shave off. Bic Flex 4 vs Schick Extreme 4.

The Bic has slightly more blade feel and may be a tad more efficient. They both delivered a great shave and there really is no telling the results apart. I like the handle on the Bic better, it's not as good as the Flex 5 handle, but it is nice.

If you are in the market for a 4 blade disposable/cart, I think both are great and I would just go by price.

20190617_142456.jpg

Top Bottom