What's new

Which Blind buy Taylor of old Bond Street?

Which TOBS to buy blind

• St James

• MR Taylor

• Eton College

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am making my Christmas list :biggrin1:

I have the Rose Cream which I like and I want to try other TOBS creams and buy a matching aftershave.

So which scent would be the best for a blind buy.

My favorite scented aftershaves are:
Alt Instrbruck
Speick
Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Aqua Velva

Favorite Colognes:
Lolita Lempika Au Masculine
Creed Santal Imperial
Creed Silver Mountain Water
Cartier Declaration
Hermes Terre d'Hermes

I've the Lemon Lime (on my 2nd tub) and I LOVE the stuff. It's the only TOBS I've used so I had to go with "other". Some don't like it but if you enjoy the AoS Sandalwood I have a feeling you'll like the Lemon Lime TOBS. And if you don't I can probably take it off your hands!

My personal favorite is No. 74 Original (a powdery orange jasmine!), but for a blind buy I'd suggest Shaving Shop as a traditional citrus-based eau de cologne. Sadly, they don't make a No. 74 Original cream anyway.

Jermyn Street Sensitive Skin is really nice. Very mild and soapy, but in a fragrant oceanic cologne sort of way. Avocado is also very pleasant, it smells like cucumber.

*EDIT*

I did not see the AS bit, and I doubt they have matching AS for these two sorry!

I have Mr. Taylor and Shaving Shop. Both are great, but Mr. Taylor is probably a little better.

Last edited:
I haven't smelled the other two so I probably shouldn't have voted, but after nearly a year of doing this Mr. Taylor is the only soap/cream I have that I still go to the bathroom just to open the tub and sniff it.

I went for mr taylor also......cream, as, asb, etc. Hopefully I like it, otherwise there's going to be a lot of mr taylor up for sale.

I went for mr taylor also......cream, as, asb, etc. Hopefully I like it, otherwise there's going to be a lot of mr taylor up for sale.

If you don't like the Mr. T aftershave, feel free to ask me for my address! I still haven't finished my first bottle (from last year...really?) and already have a second lined-up, but a third wouldn't hurt :biggrin:

A word of warning: TOBS St. James burns like the fires of hades. Worse than any other AS I've tried. I don't know if the same can be said of other TOBS aftershaves, but I have had this opinion of St. James confirmed by others. (Of course, some folks like that sort of thing!)

Top Bottom