What's new

Where were Gillette Fatboy and Slims made?

The examples I have were all made in the USA but where? Was the machine work done in Boston where the Gillette headquarters is or did they contract the machine work out somewhere else?

I would like to get details on where - when - and how many. I tried to contact Proctor and Gamble through their PR POC but they don't even acknowledge anything but the newer multi-blade razors. There are records some place - maybe one day we will get an in. Any Proctor and Gamble employees out there??

years ago when driving truck I picked up blades from I believe the Norwalk CT. plant that was Gillette at the time before P&G takeover and they had quite a display on the walls of older Gillette Razors leading up from the warehouse part to their lab/offices as I recall at the time that facility only made the blades (M3) although they had another facility I believe just North in Fairfield CT as well and as mentioned headquarters in Boston. I am sure people who work in one of the Connecticut manufacturing facilities would know unless P&G closed them down in the past few years since I was there.

That is news to me as well. I do know that the FB's and Slim's where made in Boston but I did not know there was a plant in Connecticut. Wilkenson is down around Norwalk.
I think I need to do some investigation on this one.

Top Bottom