What's new

Whch comes first - Coffee or Shave

Which comes first for you - The Coffee or the Shave

• Shave

• Coffee

• Shave with Coffee in hand

Results are only viewable after voting.
What do our café afficianos or overly caffeine addicted members turn to first? To get them going about their day. Is it coffee? Shave? Some combo?

It used to not matter,... then i starting shaving with straights,... now Coffee MUST come first, for no other reason but to make sure im not groggy when i begin ​again

Since I no longer have to go to a job I shave just about any time of the day. Today I shaved around 10 pm. I've had plenty of coffee all day so I guess today it was after coffee :001_smile

I do both at the same time.. the problem is brush has gone in the coffee cup more then a few times

I'm shaving in the evenings while learning straights, so I've got at least 6 double shots in me, but if I was to start shaving in the morning, it'd be with my second double shot in hand!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I always drink coffee in the morning. I rarely shave in the morning. My shaves usually start in the evening or mid afternoon, todays was a 1pm shave.

coffee first, always.

If i'm shaving with a straight, it usually means I have extra time for a leisurely shave which means I have time for a to pack my pipe or stogie with some coffee then my shave. If i'm running lean on time, its a DE and no coffee, Ill pick that up at the starbucks drive through on the way to work.

It depends when I shower, I like shave right after my shower. So workdays, shower, shave coffee. When I am not working coffee, shower shave.

My line cooks know when I haven't had my coffee... They race to the machine for a fresh pot and bring a shot of espresso just to make sure I get my fix quick. If I'm at work without coffee, I didn't shave before going. Coffee first. Always. Don't. Forget. The. Coffee.

I can't move from the kitchen table until I have drank my coffee. I dont even think Im awake while im loading up the esspresso machine.

Last edited:
I work night shift and usually wake up about 4 PM, so my first cup of coffee is usually about 5 PM and my shave usually takes place about 7 PM, unless it is my day off and then the shave most likely will not happen. Today is my day off, so I am now on my 2nd cup of coffee and no shave is in the forecast.

I voted shave first, but that isn't technically true. I'm a night shaver. But I figure by the time that I shave, I am closer to my next cup of coffee then I am to my last cup.

-jim

Shave first because I shave at night. Because of the hot, industrial environment that I work in, my face takes a beating if I shave right before work.

Frank

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It used to not matter,... then i starting shaving with straights,... now Coffee MUST come first, for no other reason but to make sure im not groggy when i begin ​again

Hah. For me, it has to be the other way around ... I had a few nasty shaves when my hands were too jittery after a nice big pot of coffee ...

Top Bottom