What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Treet Platinums are good performers and consistently made. I've haven't used one yet where I thought the QC was inconsistent.

I'm glad Treet seems to be getting recognition on B&B. When I first joined and read old threads, there seemed to be a bit of a negative impression of Treet blades.
Which other similar blade can you compare them to?

I really have to stop buying blades. I told myself to stop at a goal of 2K and now I’m way past that number.

Which other similar blade can you compare them to?
Hard to say really. I personally find that blade brands share more in common with each other than across different brands.

If you are pressing me....perhaps the Lord Cool. But I think the Treet is a bit sharper than both the Cool as well as everyone's favorite Russian Astra SP. It's probably a shade less sharp than the Dorco ST300 which I find fairly sharp on the first use.

Me: normal skin and hair coarseness, but facial hair isn't super dense.

I really have to stop buying blades. I told myself to stop at a goal of 2K and now I’m way past that number.
I tell myself trying new blades is a cheap hobby, and that's true. Just a couple of drinks after work with colleagues run a lot more.

I'm using the Gillette Minora this week. It's a good blade, but frankly I like the Treet Platinum better and the Treet is almost a third the price. The economics in this hobby are funny. YMMV is king.

I tell myself trying new blades is a cheap hobby, and that's true. Just a couple of drinks after work with colleagues run a lot more.

I'm using the Gillette Minora this week. It's a good blade, but frankly I like the Treet Platinum better and the Treet is almost a third the price. The economics in this hobby are funny. YMMV is king.

Very true indeed. Just out of curiosity, I notice your’e trying out a lot of variety.

I know your stash will last for more than a lifetime but at what number are you currently in?

Very true indeed. Just out of curiosity, I notice your’e trying out a lot of variety.

I know your stash will last for more than a lifetime but at what number are you currently in?
Maybe 6000? (probably more, I like lying to myself)

I'd like to hoard 2000 total of GSBs, Perma-Sharps, Nacets, and 7 o'clock SharpEdges. I am close to that number already. And I have nearly 1000 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless and 300 KCG Chinas purchased this year. These are all top-tier blades for me.

The rest of the collection are the common Astras, Treets, Durablades, Lords, and Xirui varieties which are easy and inexpensive to get ahold of.

Yeah, I don't need anymore. I have a huge amount for a normal person, but I suspect it's small potatoes by some standards of the hoarders here. I'll probably donate some of my less favored blades to the Blade Exchange.

7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless

These are the greens right?

Was checking it out in AMZN earlier. But the pictures are a mix of permasharp and the regular green stainless steel.

I’m not sure which one will they deliver and I think these are two different greens.

Between the 7 o’clock permasharp green and treet platinum which is better blade?

Last edited:
These are the greens right?

Was checking it out in AMZN earlier. But the pictures are a mix of permasharp and the regular green stainless steel.

I’m not sure which one will they deliver and I think these are two different greens.

Between the 7 o’clock permasharp green and treet platinum which is better blade?
Yes, 2 different greens. The Super Stainless is Russian, and the Permasharp Stainless is Indian. They are entirely different and should not be confused with each other.

"Better" is difficult to assign. I have different use cases for each. The green Permasharp is sharper for sure (and by a significant margin) and I have a narrower range personally for which of my razors I can use them in. The Treet Platinum fits a wider range of my razors.

@Eric_75 is the one that turned me onto the GSB. I guess that means he's my Big Brother in the Cult.
If there’s a GSB cult I’d like to join. I might be a bigger Rubie fan but the GSB is right there with them.

I’m also on a goal of at least 1200-2000 for the GSB, Rubie, & Nacet. And at least 400+ of my secondaries like Wizamet, Gillette Platinums, 7 O Clock yellow & green, Permasharp, Astas, Rapiras, and probably a few more.

And any blade that I like the shaves of needs at least a 100 pack in case I want to use them in the future and they’re not available. I have a bad habit of buying things that are no longer made/available that I like. The Russian blades have sent me into a buying frenzy before they’re gone. Nothing shaves like a Russian blade for my face.

200 Chroma Stabil blades. Made in Germany. No idea how good these are, but I can't resist obscure razor blades.

IMG_20240519_032123218.jpg

Top Bottom