What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

100 Astra SP's, I've heard so many great things and the price was right.
100 Personna Crystals, because they work so well in my Merkur 34c, never a nick, weeper, or irritation and is great if I don't have a ton of time to concentrate on technique.
100 Wilkinson Sword (india) again I've heard many a great thing, seems like a good mid level blade to mess around with.

Red Personna

proxy.php

Derby Premiums, cause you guys said the Premiums killed the Extras and I loved the Extras.

So far fantastic in my SLOC and pretty good in my Piccolo.

My 100 blade purchase was actually a 172 blade purchase from Razor Emporium. I purchased the complete blade sample package. So far I am enjoying a completely different shave from each new blade. So far my favorite is Gillette Silver Blue but I have only sampled 7 different blades so far.I am really liking the DE razors. I threw out all my cartridge blades. This is the real deal.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
Just bought 400 GSBs. After 2 yrs of using nothing but Astras I decided to branch out and bought various and sundry blade sampler packages. I'm still working my way through them, but have decided that even if I find something better, the GSB is gonna be the new "baseline" blade as it is much better on my skin than an Astra for sharpness, efficiency, smoothness and just general enjoyment of the shave. My remaining 160 Astras will get PIFfed or something. Actually, I think I like Nacets better than GSBs but even so, I wanted a big supply of a solid, predictable baseline blade that can be used with any razor, anytime, and I think GSBs fit that role very admirably, on my particular face and neck.

Last edited:
Rapira Platinum Lux. I get excellent shaves with them in all of my razors. None of the other blades I have tried so far can say that.
Of course, I'm only talking 5 razors here.

Top Bottom