What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Just received my order for 200 half-blades for my Leaf razor (head shaves). I already had 100 Shark and 100 Derby Premium, and grabbed 100 ea Parker and Derby Extra.

Why? I want to try a variety, and will probably use these a lot quicker - three at a time - than my DE blades (which I can break in half if I choose). I figure (hope?) that even the worst half-blades are at least as good as the Harry's carts they are replacing - they are MUCH less expensive. At $5 per hundred, it's a small gamble.

300 Gillette Silver Blue
I mistakenly thought that I had tried these blades a year and a half ago and disliked them. It must have been Gillette Platinum blades that I tried. I found the unopened tuck yesterday and tried a blade. Wow. I would have remembered if I had tried these blades. Smooth and sharp. I ordered 300 this morning.

20220620_170127.jpg
20220620_170215.jpg
20220620_170054.jpg

First blades I got was a variety pack, to see which I liked. I thought the Feather far too close for a newbie, & got a bunch of cuts from others.

I wound up buying 100 Wilkinson Sword blades. Fun fact: my first cartridge razor, back in the Neolithic Age was branded Wilkinson Sword. In any case, I found- and continue to find- that, while I get a smoother shave from my Personna Lab Blue, the WS give a reliable shave w/o too much irritation. This is especially important on those days where my face feels like particularly sensitive for one reason or another.

YMMVW,
-Z

Just ordered 100 feather last night because price dropped from $29.99 to $22.99. It was in the shopping cart for a while because I was still struggling to buy the Lupo .95OC. Now the razor, blades and some soaps with nice discount are on the way.

Just ordered 600 Gillette London Bridge.

Because:

Top Bottom