What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I recently has several very good shaves with a Derby Premium blade in my EJ Chatsworth razor. In the past I'd been sort of underwhelmed with the Derby Premium, but the last three shaves reversed that for me. I ordered 100 for $10.

- Derby extra blu 200
- Lord Platinum 100
- Derby Premium 100
- Astra Green 100
- Rapira Super Swedish Steel 100
- Shark Super Chrome 100

(And some Fatips grande and piccolo and a plenty of Proraso items)

I enjoy and use Feather's in my milder razors but for the price and still super sharp blades, I buy Astra SP in 100 packs for my other razors.

Thank you for replying.

I hope I enjoy those blades as well !
You're welcome :)

I have only tried a couple of Lord Super Chrome before.
I find them a bit sharper than Lord Platinum and Astra SP, but not as sharp as Lord Superstar or Astra SS.
And 13 Euros for 200 blades, incl shipping, is a really great deal IMO.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Personna Israeli in the UK packaging. After shave #1 I find them comfortable, efficient, and durable. I usually get 1-2 weeks on one, very smooth with W,X, and A passes. i still do not understand why they are so much cheaper with the blue wrapper with red lettering.

- Derby extra blu 200
- Lord Platinum 100
- Derby Premium 100
- Astra Green 100
- Rapira Super Swedish Steel 100
- Shark Super Chrome 100

(And some Fatips grande and piccolo and a plenty of Proraso items)

Some of them just arrived !

Attachments

• IMG_6395.jpg
    IMG_6395.jpg
    786.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6399.jpg
    IMG_6399.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 33
What are the hot blades out there now, that you guys are buying?
Anything new? Or, just the same old stuff.
Not sure about new or hot, but I just heard about polsilver being discontinued after a long hiatus from the forums
But just snagged 250 wizamet iridium super which as far as I know are the same blades.

Personna Israeli in the UK packaging. After shave #1 I find them comfortable, efficient, and durable. I usually get 1-2 weeks on one, very smooth with W,X, and A passes. i still do not understand why they are so much cheaper with the blue wrapper with red lettering.
My guess is the red box ones are more well known as reds. I'll bet they are the same cost when the sellers get them.

100 Gillette silver blue arrived last week, great blades. Maybe better than 7 O'Clock sharp edge.

I have 100 Gillette Nacet arriving today, for $13 why not?

Russian Gillette blades just work on my face :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

100 Gillette silver blue arrived last week, great blades. Maybe better than 7 O'Clock sharp edge.

I have 100 Gillette Nacet arriving today, for $13 why not?

Russian Gillette blades just work on my face :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
For the last 5 years GSB have been my favorite. Just began going back through my blade stash and finding many more i like now. Most likely because my technique is alot better
So if anyone has blades they don't like right now, seal them in a bag and put them away and try again later when you're better at it!!

Where to start? Crazy Few days...

250 Wizamet SI as I have never tried them and if they are the same as Polsilvers, $50 shipped for 250 is a deal.

200 Israeli Personnas for $25 was too good to pass up as they are one of my favourite blades and I am running low

200 Lord Silver Stars because why not? for just over $10/100 including shipping and tax

100 Lord Cool as I haven’t tried them and like lord blades. And they are dirt cheap.

The above isn’t my normal buying behaviour, but I wanted to stock up before I do the October GRUME as I miserably failed in Sept. 🤪

I doubt I will buy any more blades for a year or two as I am sitting on almost 3000. 🤫

Where to start? Crazy Few days...

250 Wizamet SI as I have never tried them and if they are the same as Polsilvers, $50 shipped for 250 is a deal.

200 Israeli Personnas for $25 was too good to pass up as they are one of my favourite blades and I am running low

200 Lord Silver Stars because why not? for just over $10/100 including shipping and tax

100 Lord Cool as I haven’t tried them and like lord blades. And they are dirt cheap.

The above isn’t my normal buying behaviour, but I wanted to stock up before I do the October GRUME as I miserably failed in Sept. 🤪

I doubt I will buy any more blades for a year or two as I am sitting on almost 3000. 🤫
If your red personna come in with a german circle flag on them, they are the new german made "israeli red personnas".
Just an FYI. Tucks have "platinum" written in a gold background rectangle.

I just bought 100 Derby Premium half blades. I am finding my Broman works with almost any blade - even the green Derby professional blades that I used to hate. So I am hoping these will be good as they have good reviews overall and are reasonably priced.

Top Bottom