What's new

What's your Favorite Wheat Beer?

proxy.php

Hoegaarden.

But most of the time when i drink wheat beer i drink Erdinger Weißbier or Paulaner Hefe-Weißbier.

+1 Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier

When in Germany, most of my friends there drink Paulaner Weissbier, but I prefer
Weihenstephaner.

Bells Oberon for sure.

I grew up in the Kalamazoo area, so I was blessed with Bells beer when in college. It kind of spoiled me though. I can't abide macrobrews at all.

I've been buying Bavarian from Trader Joe's lately for a good price and it's pretty good actually. It has a number of really good flavors including "bubble gum", "bananas", "clove".. etc..

It may not be the best, but it's very drinkable.

Nice...I visited the brewery on a road-trip to Fort Collins a few years ago. It was my favorite offering they had.
Long story short...bought an Easy Street Wheat T-shirt, wearing it as I type this.

Disowning you for not telling everyone of the magic that is Spotted Cow!!
Brewed by New Glarus Brewing and only distributed inside of the state of Wisconsin (to avoid interstate sales taxes).
If you're ever in the state, pick some up somewhere! It is one of my all time favorites!!!!

Huge wheat beer fan here, whether you call it Weizenbier, Hefeweizen, Weißbier, White beer, Witbier, Bière Blanche, or Witte. I prefer ones that are quite light in colour, cloudy, bottle fermented and that come in sizes of a least one half litre (although I find draft tastier if you can get it). Luckily, I've enjoyed many such a brew in Bavaria, including some in 1 litre glasses, made by monks, and at a monastery. Locally, I can get Hoegarten, Hacker-Pschorr, Erdinger and sometimes Maisel. Much better availability than a couple of decades ago when wheat beer was basically non-existant here in Canada. Not too many good Canadian made ones unfortunately, in my opinion. Too much cheating on the wheat content, I believe. The best one I ever came across was made in the Muskoka area of Ontario, called Summer Wheat I believe. Came in a nice big bottle too, over 600 ml. if I recall correctly. Cheers!

Top Bottom