What's new

What's your favorite inside the waistband Handgun Holster

I am wondering what is your guys favorite inside the waistband holster. I have a Colt King Cobra 2019 3 inch model, and I am trying to find a decent holster for it. Wright leather works is what is my top contender atm

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I am wondering what is your guys favorite inside the waistband holster. I have a Colt King Cobra 2019 3 inch model, and I am trying to find a decent holster for it. Wright leather works is what is my top contender atm

I have never carried a revolver IWB before, but it sounds uncomfortable to me. I use Uncle Mike's cheap little soft suede holsters for my auto's. They are cheap & flimsy, but I am a big believer in my comfort and they work for me.

If I were to ever pack a revolver IWB, this one looks pretty comfortable.

They make good holsters, but the tanning has an annoying tendency to transfer into your underwear on hot days when you're sweating. I had one for my Walther PPS, but I don't use it anymore. Vedder makes really good IWB holsters, but I couldn't find Colts as any of the options.

I kind of agree with Rob. A revolver IWB sounds a bit uncomfortable. Someone here probably carries a revolver IWB, they may be able to make some suggestions.

Don

I was thinking it was doable as a iwb. I have one own and it drives me nuts it feels like it's just flopping on my side....but it could be just a ****ty holster

OkieStubble

They make good holsters, but the tanning has an annoying tendency to transfer into your underwear on hot days when you're sweating. I had one for my Walther PPS, but I don't use it anymore. Vedder makes really good IWB holsters, but I couldn't find Colts as any of the options.

I kind of agree with Rob. A revolver IWB sounds a bit uncomfortable. Someone here probably carries a revolver IWB, they may be able to make some suggestions.

Don

Only kind of? :)

This means no whitey tighty's? ;)

Last edited:

OkieStubble

I was thinking it was doable as a iwb. I have one own and it drives me nuts it feels like it's just flopping on my side....but it could be just a ****ty holster

Anything is doable and I'm sure some guys with IWB revolver experience will be chiming in. I do want to carry my Ruger SP101 when I retire, but I'm going to get me some of that purty OWB leather @Acmemfg carries his revolvers in. :)

Tim has proven on multiple occasions, that a quality OWB leather holster is not only beautiful, but it will snug up high & tight and will be concealable with proper attire.

I do carry my s&w performance model 442 iwb. The King Cobra has a 3 inch barrel, and it weighs 28 onces which is 4 onces more then a glock 19. Only issue is the cylinder width since its 6 rounds.

So what owb holster are you talking about?

1600119183320.jpeg

Clinger V3 Stingray, very comfortable with my little Kahn CW9

OkieStubble

I do carry my s&w performance model 442 iwb. The King Cobra has a 3 inch barrel, and it weighs 28 onces which is 4 onces more then a glock 19. Only issue is the cylinder width since its 6 rounds.

So what owb holster are you talking about?

That's impressively lightweight for a revolver.

Oh dude, if you haven't seen some of Tim's holster pics you are in for a treat... Hopefully he will see he has been tagged in your thread and will post some excellent examples for your revolver. They are impressive. :)

In fact, he has several of the Colt snake guns himself and carries them in some awesome leather.

I asked a similar question here.

I ended getting a CYA Supply holster.

OkieStubble

I asked a similar question here.

I ended getting a CYA Supply holster.

Is that for revolvers Jim?

Hi guys. Heard someone call.
Leather revolver holsters? A quality maker can set you up with a rig that is comfortable, concealable, secure, and won’t bleed on your underwear. All holsters here are available for the 2019 King Cobra.

1. The Colts pictured here are a 2017 Cobra with a Ryan Grizzle Georgia Snap 2 and 2019 King Cobra alongside a Wright Leather Marshall.
2. El Paso Saddle Crosshair shown with the KC. Nice rig, softer leather than most. Still does a fine job as an EDC holster. For range work...the soft-ish leather can make frequent reholstering a bit tedious.
3. S&W Model 66 and Model 629 with Ryan Grizzle’s Workin’ Man rigs. Great as an all purpose outdoor holster. Carries nicely under heavy clothing.
4. Sam Andrews Saddle Holster shown with a S&W Model 442. Maybe the standard by which all other similar holsters may be judged.
....Still wanting the IWB?
5. Ritchie Leather Nighthawk with the 442. It just does it correctly if you MUST have an IWB rig.
77505B52-F82D-4401-8A7F-031D23229615.jpeg
81870145-8F96-412C-AB49-72D3504B3CC2.jpeg
C420B55D-610E-4339-B6B7-91DDAD37D603.jpeg
583F72CA-F8DC-4B5C-A4F5-8FABD2B6E084.jpeg
EC09FD0D-17DC-4826-BDE9-AA6D81B54C1E.jpeg
2811654A-DD16-44B2-8431-BA245F394625.jpeg

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Hi guys. Heard someone call.
Leather revolver holsters? A quality maker can set you up with a rig that is comfortable, concealable, secure, and won’t bleed on your underwear. All holsters here are available for the 2019 King Cobra.

1. The Colts pictured here are a 2017 Cobra with a Ryan Grizzle Georgia Snap 2 and 2019 King Cobra alongside a Wright Leather Marshall.
2. El Paso Saddle Crosshair shown with the KC. Nice rig, softer leather than most. Still does a fine job as an EDC holster. For range work...the soft-ish leather can make frequent reholstering a bit tedious.
3. S&W Model 66 and Model 629 with Ryan Grizzle’s Workin’ Man rigs. Great as an all purpose outdoor holster. Carries nicely under heavy clothing.
4. Sam Andrews Saddle Holster shown with a S&W Model 442. Maybe the standard by which all other similar holsters may be judged.
....Still wanting the IWB?
5. Ritchie Leather Nighthawk with the 442. It just does it correctly if you MUST have an IWB rig.
View attachment 1155006View attachment 1155008View attachment 1155009View attachment 1155010View attachment 1155011View attachment 1155012

Tim you really need more stuff. :lol:

I want deep concealment, so mine are the tuckable models. I have a little Kusak Old Fashioned, real nice leather. and a Vedder light tuck, a Kydex, both are comfortable, the Vetter has what they call a claw, a piece that extends to the back side, perpendicular to the grip, and presses on the waistband of trousers behind the belt, to keep the gun butt in toward the body more. It tends to conceal a little better, but comfort goes to the Kusak.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I carry my S&W Airweight Bodyguard J frame IWB without a holster, supported by Barrami Hip grips, no longer made, but sometimes found NOS. DeSantis currently makes a similar grip. Probably the most comfortable carry I have.

Top Bottom