What's new

What's your favorite DE razor blade?

This would be a great thread for the Safety Razor Blades sub-forum!! My faves:

Gillette Silver Blue
Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow)
Polsilver SI
Personna Med Prep

Don't believe in the cult of blades . Any of my current blades are fine. BIC, Astra SS, Polsilver, 7 O'clock SS, even the Chinese Suneko would be fine in any of my razors. Except I wouldn't likely buy Polsilver or Wizamet again if they carried a cult price penalty. The $17 I paid was 2x the BICs and they're no better.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Don't believe in the cult of blades . Any of my current blades are fine. BIC, Astra SS, Polsilver, 7 O'clock SS, even the Chinese Suneko would be fine in any of my razors. Except I wouldn't likely buy Polsilver or Wizamet again if they carried a cult price penalty. The $17 I paid was 2x the BICs and they're no better.

Blades are definitely a YMMV situation. ;)

I think that the best advice we can give to folks asking about blades is to get a blade sampler or two and try several different blades.

Let personal experience be their guide. :)

Sorry to be a ‘politician’ but I have a top-tier (and my favorite depends on the particular day):
Personna lab
Personna red
GSB
Nacet
Astra SP

Same here. I have three favorite blades:
Crown Super Stainless (very smooth)
Nacet (super sharp and long lasting)
Personna Platinum (very sharp and very smooth)

It's funny how most other shaving products are much less polarizing than blades. I believe it's because blade precision is as precise as it gets, followed by razors, and then soaps and brushes hardly matter at all. We have preferences for the latter, but the former is stuff we insist upon. Anyway... all your blades are trash! Mine are the best! lol

Same here. I have three favorite blades:
Crown Super Stainless (very smooth)
Nacet (super sharp and long lasting)
Personna Platinum (very sharp and very smooth)

It's funny how most other shaving products are much less polarizing than blades. I believe it's because blade precision is as precise as it gets, followed by razors, and then soaps and brushes hardly matter at all. We have preferences for the latter, but the former is stuff we insist upon. Anyway... all your blades are trash! Mine are the best! lol
That's one theory , another is many perceive difference where none really exist, which is where I think the truth lies.

Lesson from 45 years as an audiophile.

Top Bottom