What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

What's Your Brush Today?

Semogue 830 Boar, 23mm
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I love you gnome(s), very cool
Thanks, Beyond being cool my fascination with gnomes is quite convoluted, I assure you. Kabouter is Dutch for gnome. It's also a term adopted by the Kabouters a Dutch Anarchist group founded by Roul van Duijn in the 1970's:
800px-Roel_van_Duyn,_Bestanddeelnr_923-4829.jpg
In his book De boodschap van een wijze Kabouter (The Message of a Wise Kabouter) his mission is to create an alternative society. Van Duijn for some time worked at an organic farm and asked the farmer if they were going to get a harvester. “No,” the farmer responded “Noisy machines chase away the kabouters, and we need them to keep our plants healthy.” He used this image to claim for the Kabouters. :letterk1:

Of course, everyone loves the images by Rien Poortvliet of gnomes from the book Gnomes:
rien-poortvliet--gnomes.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom