What's new

What's Up With Lilac Vegetal?

I splashed some LV on this morning after my 24-hour beard shave. I think now the initial scent is "urinal cake" -- but that's the initial scent. Twenty minutes later I enjoyed the whiffs I got -- rather like watermelon. (Remember, however, I'm the guy who thinks Stirling Sharp Dressed Man smells like stale Cheerios and Arko like stale corn chips.)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I think it fair to say that when urinal cakes were invented they tried to choose a very nice scent.
After all these years, that scent has become synonymous with urinal cakes.
It may be more correct to say that the great scent of the Veg has been sullied by the poor interpretation used in the fabrication of urinal cakes.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I think it fair to say that when urinal cakes were invented they tried to choose a very nice scent.
After all these years, that scent has become synonymous with urinal cakes.
It may be more correct to say that the great scent of the Veg has been sullied by the poor interpretation used in the fabrication of urinal cakes.

Fascinating analysis. A side by side comparison should be endeavoured between PLV and some dissolved Urinal Cake. Who's game? :)

• Haha
Reactions: Anu
Of the handful of these aftershaves from pinaud, clubman, the bay rum, I haven't liked them. I have a few samples coming to me from maggard's maybe I should get the veg next time around, but, the discriptions from people who don't like it hold me back.

Of course this means I have to try it now.

Used the LV this morning after a 60-hour beard shave. It's still unusual, not unpleasant, but I doubt I will buy a full bottle.

It requires more testing, but, I may be one of the chosen. It isn't great at first but it draws down pleasantly. Sorry that is so subjective. Maggard Razors offers samples of many pinaud after shaves among many others.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210908_141732~2.jpg

As of now I only put it on after my shave but before the shower. It does its little sting thing as I clean my razor and so forth. Then it rinses off in the shower, and I put on something I like better.

Top Bottom