What's new

What's up with all the specialized Beard products?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It is ridiculous.

Waiting for the manbun-specific waxes, oils, etc.

Coombe "Samurai Topknot."
Set yourself apart from all the other tiresome hipsters with our new genuine Samurai grease!
Made from human oils processed from lower castes, Samurai Topknot gives you a look that says ... "Hai, there!"

AA

I often have a fairly large beard and I'm not into all the hipster stuff but I recently started using beard oil and shampoo and it honestly makes a noticeable difference. I bought beard shampoo recently thinking it's probably not necessary but I'll give it a try. I still believe it's obviously not necessary but it has really made my beard softer and overall healthier looking, more so than using regular shampoo.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I completely agree. At 50 years old I'm definitely NOT a hipster, I don't wear things "ironically" and the first time I saw a "man bun" I immediately thought of Ruth Buzzi. Most of my minimal collection of beard care products comes from two companies, both of which were started by beard wearing guys who couldn't find what they were looking for in the marketplace to help their beards look and feel better, so they started making their own oils and balms. That became their businesses. I use beard oils and balms to calm the frizzy hair and have a somewhat well groomed appearance. There are a number of quality products on the market and they do work to varying degrees. Depending on the company and how their products are used, some of them work VERY well. I'm enjoying my first full beard and I choose to keep it looking presentable, without the beard care products I tend to look more like Wishbone from "Rawhide."

While it IS my first full beard, it isn't because of any fashion trend, it's something I'd considered many times in the past. After constantly growing my beard for two to three weeks before shaving, last Fall I finally decided to just let it grow and see how it looked.
Ruth buzzi
omg that
Is hilarious

It is ridiculous.

Waiting for the manbun-specific waxes, oils, etc.

Coombe "Samurai Topknot."
Set yourself apart from all the other tiresome hipsters with our new genuine Samurai grease!
Made from human oils processed from lower castes, Samurai Topknot gives you a look that says ... "Hai, there!"

AA

"Hai, there!" :lol: :lol: :lol: That's perfect!

I often have a fairly large beard and I'm not into all the hipster stuff but I recently started using beard oil and shampoo and it honestly makes a noticeable difference. I bought beard shampoo recently thinking it's probably not necessary but I'll give it a try. I still believe it's obviously not necessary but it has really made my beard softer and overall healthier looking, more so than using regular shampoo.

I bought a bottle of BABC's HogWash and it's really good stuff. It seems to have more hydrating qualities than a normal shampoo where those seem more detergent by nature. I shaved my beard off at the beginning of last Spring but I've kept all my balms and oils in case I decide to grow it back again. I would've been more inclined to keep it if it had been thicker but it just never fully developed.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
"Hai, there!" :lol: :lol: :lol: That's perfect!

looking back; it was funny :lol:

I don't remember writing that, though. :001_huh: Maybe I had dental work that day …

"Set yourself apart from all the other tiresome hipsters …"
Well. If I see one more of these guys …
"be different- just like everybody else." (Zen moment)

AA

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
There is a plethora of beards in the Philadelphia area. Also, 3 nephews (Cleveland & New York) sport beards so the trend seems to be omnipresent. Watching baseball and basketball one may also find a bearded player or 2.

Awesome stuff, thanks!! I have been in the Navy for eight years and we have to be clean shaven daily. I checked out today and don't plan on a full shave for quite sometime, like years.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Congrats brother squid!

Checkout is a beautiful thing!

Though believe it or not, in 25 years you'll miss it worse than anything ever in your life (like I do now LOL)
I was on the George Washington CVN-73, maiden crew and voyage, first in Weps, then was struck out to HT as a 3rd class.

Back on topic though, I've tried the Creamo, and it just felt too oily for me.

There is a LOT of hipster related beard stuff out there for sure...

Top Bottom