What's new

What's Our "Street Name" For These?

I agree red IP (Israeli persona). Now made in Germany.
There are "blue IP" also called crystals. Those are just discontinued and no longer made. They are the ones in the previous reply link written first I don't recall seeing them coming out of the new German factory. The packs came in blister packs that said crystal on them that I have.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Thanks!

The only Personna blades with which I'm familiar are the US-made Gem blades.

So, "Israeli Red" in a blue 10-pack with no other information on it. Well, I'll give one a go and see what happens. In a couple of weeks; I've just loaded a fresh Astra SP.

O.H.

That's my curse. To know I can no longer get these lovely blades except at maybe insane prices. They were already going for £70 for 200, an example of a remaining stock I saw on an auction site. Now they are just out of stock. Gone forever.

I'm too scared to break into my little stash!
Last time I looked The Razor Company had these in stock.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
OK, considering that I've had this tuck for probably two years or so, I'm going to assume it's the "Israeli Red" but blue and that current versions of the "Israeli Red" are in fact "German Blue" or something. I snark; but really I'm confused because I haven't gotten a mental handle on this yet.

Qualitatively I understand that it's likely a blade that is no longer made, but that the blades that are made now are essentially as good (though of course YMMV...). I also understand that for some it's a bit better than an Astra SP and for others it's not.

First use this morning, in the Rex Konsul. I had a bit of surface irritation but I'm putting that mainly down to extremely low humidity right now. It didn't feel as sharp as an Astra SP to me, and my usual routine with the Konsul seemed to leave just a little here and there. I'll see how it progresses. If it's good and all I need to do is open up a little to get the same performance that's fine. If it's not good for me I'll pass them on with some other blades I'm tired of tripping over.

O.H.

That's my curse. To know I can no longer get these lovely blades except at maybe insane prices. They were already going for £70 for 200, an example of a remaining stock I saw on an auction site. Now they are just out of stock. Gone forever.

I'm too scared to break into my little stash!

Probably with good reason. I have been given to understand that all Personna blades that were manufactured in Israel, were produced using very high quality US steel.

Don't know that for a fact. But I would question whether the German blades are made with the same steel. I doubt that they are?

Top Bottom