What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Wasn't sure where else to place this, but I recently bought the two quintessential beginner pens; the Pilot Metro and the Lamy Safari. While both are absolutely excellent pens, I find myself reaching for the Lamy more than I do the Pilot. Why? I think I like how utilitarian it is; it's light, made of a rugged plastic, the grips increase the comfort. While I like the finer nib of the Pilot, I just seem to use the Lamy a lot more.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Pelikan M600 Red Stripe w/Herbin Rouge Grenat
Pilot Custom 823 w/Pilot Blue
Pilot Metro w/Herbin Lierre Sauvage
Lamy Safari All Black w/?Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black or Noodler's Black?

Kaweco Raw AL sport with a fine nib and quink red. Also my 1980 date code parker Harlequin with its new fine gold nib and pilot black ink.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
1930's Sheaffer flat-top, needlepoint Lifetime nib + Montblanc royal blue

full

My well-loved Sheaffer 100 (it used to be all-black) and a new edition! Picked up a Lamy a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Jinhao x750 Shimmering Sands - Noodlers Zhivago. Both the pen and ink are new to me today, and so far I love both. The nib for a 7 dollar pen is amazingly smooth and lays down a pretty good amount of ink. Zhivago is a very interesting black-green. I find that it will be work-appropriate and probably my most commonly used ink from now.

Yesterday: Sheaffer 444 / Shaeffer Blue/Black
Today: Kaweco Ice Sport / Diamine Jet Black
Both with: Parker 75 Classic Flighter Ballpen / Black F

Top Bottom