What's new

What's in your pocket today?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pelikan M400

full

I am looking at all these pens and looking them up , it has been fun . I am thinking of
getting a fountain pen so I figured I would see what guy's like to use and go from there.
who is the stew here ?

Probably the best thing to do, so as not to hijack this thread, is to ask questions in a new thread about your specific desires and needs in a new fountain pen. That way we can help you spend your money better! :001_tongu

Parker Frontier Metallic burgundy with a Diamonite Z cap nib and trim. Steel -M nib fountian pen. Filled with Graf von Faber Castell Hazelnut Brown fountain pen ink.
IMGP8387.JPG

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
That Tolstoy is some mighty fine ink...by far my favorite from the first blind ink test:clap:

:thumbup: If memory serves me, this is the first pen that I've actually filled a converter full of it. I received it as a PIF from @jovan in the Instant Random PIF Thread in the Contributor's Corner. It was sometime close to right before I sent the inks out and I remember thinking this will be awesome to add! It's the first and only Montblanc ink that I've tried so far. I intend to acquire some more Montblanc inks, but I'm in no rush.

I only issue with it is that it seems to stay stuck to the window of my converter pretty heavily. I hope it doesn't have any staining properties.

Parker Frontier Metallic burgundy with a Diamonite Z cap nib and trim. Steel -M nib fountian pen. Filled with Graf von Faber Castell Hazelnut Brown fountain pen ink.
IMGP8384.JPG

Something old, and something not quite as old.
In my pocket, a 1970s (I think) Pilot Elite with 18k very fine nib, and Pilot Blue Black ink. At home, this vintage Conklin Crescent filler with Pilot Iroshizuku Asa Gao.
PilotConklin.jpg

A modern Sheaffer, bought new earlier this year but used for the first time today. Pen is shown as having a Medium nib but it writes like a Fine, not really my cup of tea.

P1020544.JPG

P1020547.JPG

Parker Frontier Chromaflair in teal and blue -steel M nib fountain pen. Filled with Edelstein Aquamarine ink.
IMGP8390.JPG

Last edited:
I don't bother with the shaving forums here any more, or not often. Wet shaving is good, but I've run out of things to say about it.

But today's razor and pen combination is so old school that they deserve to be pictured together. Gem Junior Bar from (I believe) around 1907. Conklin Crescent filler, most likely from the nineteen-teens to early twenties.
GemConk.jpg

I don't bother with the shaving forums here any more, or not often. Wet shaving is good, but I've run out of things to say about it.

But today's razor and pen combination is so old school that they deserve to be pictured together. Gem Junior Bar from (I believe) around 1907. Conklin Crescent filler, most likely from the nineteen-teens to early twenties.View attachment 810927
A nice razor and pen combination and people from the past could of used this type of combo on a daily basis. I sure hope you'll not run out of things to say about pens and that you'll also rekindle some steam for your razors.

Top Bottom