What's new

What's in your pocket today?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Ebonized Pearl Sheaffer Jr, blue-black iron gall ink

Sheaffer Jr Balance ebonized pearl_zpsrrjhq7bc.jpg

Parker Frontier Translucent Blue Fountain Pen with stainless steel cap, nib and trim - Steel M nib. Filled with Graf von Faber Castell Cobalt Blue fountain pen ink.
IMGP8357.JPG

I'm going to get a Popov cover for my Hobonichi Techo day planner.
Nice, Bob! I hope you are pleased with your purchase. I have two and they are great covers for my journal and memo books. Please report back on your thoughts, once you've received it.

Nice! I've thought about contacting them about custom orders. It sounds like I should.
Sadly, according to their FAQ, they can't take commissions. I assume that's current, though maybe there's a chance you might get lucky. Ryan Popoff is very friendly and approachable, however.... The Hobonichi cover is a regular in their inventory. Small shop with a rather large boom in demand. So, it's understandable, yet I'd love to have them do some custom work for me too.

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Say, that's a mighty fine pen there. Any details about it?

Sheaffer Jr, ebonized pearl again. It's a lever fill pen made between 1934 and 1939 or so, came with a fine point semi-flexible 14k gold nib, natural mother of pearl and chrome trim. Original price of $2.75, (entry level).

Sheaffer Jr Balance ebonized.JPG

Sheaffer Jr, ebonized pearl again. It's a lever fill pen made between 1934 and 1938 or so, came with a fine point semi-flexible 14k gold nib, natural mother of pearl and chrome trim. Original price of $2.75, (entry level).

View attachment 802071
Yes, I caught the model/make. The other details were what I was after. Thanks. It's lovely.

Parker Frontier Translucent Blue Fountain Pen with stainless steel cap, nib and trim - Steel M nib. Filled with Graf von Faber Castell Cobalt Blue fountain pen ink.
IMGP8358.JPG

IMGP8359.JPG

IMGP8361.JPG

IMGP8362.JPG

Top Bottom