What's new

What's Cooking 2016

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Thanksgiving nitty-gritty, stock, squash, carrots, sprouts and potatoes.
dave

Happy Thanksgiving Dave

Yes, finally. But stew is always good.

Cool...literally. :thumbup1:

It's slowly starting to warm up here. It never gets Texas hot here but hot enough for me. I far prefer the temps of Spring and Autumn.
I got slightly sun burnt the other day (ha, mid spring). It was by no means hot. When I bumped into a friend I had not seen in a while he said I looked tanned and where had I been. :lol: He did not believe me when I said I was just working around home.

Anyway here's my humble Meatloaf.

$20161011_181142.jpg

Thanks Mike!

Only the potatoes were an unknown and they were deemed worth repeating. All the other dishes were faves we've done before.

Squash Soup is from Bouchon by Keller
Orange Glazed Carrots from All About Roasting by Molly Stevens
Brussels Sprouts from All About Braising by Molly Stevens
Beer Potatoes from One Potato, Two Potatoes by Roy Finamore with... Molly Stevens

dave

Tonight's (and the weekend's) Butternut Squash Soup with creme fraiche & Creme Fraiche with squash soup. Apples and garlic are also part of the equation here.dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Made a traditional Irish Toronto dish. Chicken will catch you John Tory.

$20161011.jpg
My carbon steel pan did loose a little seasoning with cooking the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar for 12 minutes. I'll do a little quick pan seasoning before the scrambled eggs tomorrow.

$14632816_10155354171813275_4213318199464145219_n.jpg$14590379_10155354171818275_3807958531055286099_n.jpg
Roast rack of lamb, plus some extra cutlets I marinaded in garlic-lemon-honey mixture (well the rack was a bit small), served with fondant potatoes, fondant carrots and roast baby corn. The lamb was a bit too medium for me, but the mem-sahib prefers it that way.

Cuban(?) Black Bean Soup

Earlier in the week when we planned our menu for the weekend it was quite cool out as is to be expected, a nice pot of soup sounded real good. Today it hit 24°C/75°F, not very seasonal or conducive to hot soup but still went down nice and smooth.

dave

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
A simple but not easy meal to make. Smoked pork ribs and my mother's (Penny) potato salad recipe. It was pretty close to her's.

$IMG_2474[1].jpg$IMG_2475[1].jpg

No sauce anywhere....didn't need it.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Leftover pot roast, instant mashed potatoes, and homemade horseradish sauce. Yes I used Hellman's olive oil mayo as a base.

After work today before the rain started pelting down . . . mowed the yard with the bag on to suck up the leaves that jumped off the trees, like something out of Monty Python, in a brisk wind last night. Happy campers and dog buddy at my abode.

Top Bottom