What's new

Whatcha buying Black Friday?

It's about a 45 minute drive to town from where I live. I plan on staying home and away from all shopping during Thursday/Friday sales events. There hasn't been much in the way of special deals the past few years that would make me want to fight those kinds of crowds.

About ten years ago the printer died a week before Thanksgiving. Black Friday I was at the office supply store at 6 in the morning. At 7:15 I emerged with a super deal. (Long lines!) The printer was not compatible with the computer...and I had to return it. That experience will last me a lifetime.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nothing that isn't beer from the convenience store. I will not enter any other type of retail environment on that day.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I need a new union suit.

Make sure to look for the union label (now that song will be stuck in my head)

unionlable.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
we had a carpenter a few tears ago and he had a small bumper sticker that read
weekends. Brought to you by unions
made me think.
Yep. And 40 hour work week, safe working conditions, paid sick days, and vacation time. We didn’t get these things because of the benevolence of the wealthy. They were gained because brave people demanded them.

On edit- there is a fine balance between labor and capital. Capital without labor means nothing. Labor without capital is the same. It may ebb and flow, but our society works best when there is a good balance between the two. It’s what builds a strong middle class.

Last edited:
Any Barrister or Wholly Kaw discounts in Maggards? ? I'm waiting here in Greece for them to decrease the price!

Just picked up an early edition of Thursday's newspaper. 12 oz. of soft news, 3.7 pounds of Black Friday ads and circulars. Lots of TVs, mattresses, electronics.

I had to miss the lunch and fire someone instead, so to cheer myself up, some Sony WH1000-XM3 noise cancelling headphones. 12% discount, not bad. I tried Bose and Sennheiser, these were just that bit better so that was that. Need a degree in electronics to figure them out though!

kentbrushes.com in the UK have Mitchells Wool Fat refills at £3.99, which is a very nice price. It's rebranded as Kent soap (confirmed by telephone), so search on "soap" and it comes up. Order and click "View Basket" then enter code BFKENT33 and you get the sale price. Shipping is free in the UK, so £3.99 total.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
kentbrushes.com in the UK have Mitchells Wool Fat refills at £3.99, which is a very nice price. It's rebranded as Kent soap (confirmed by telephone), so search on "soap" and it comes up. Order and click "View Basket" then enter code BFKENT33 and you get the sale price. Shipping is free in the UK, so £3.99 total.

Bah! I not long since ordered a replacement Mitchell's, and I'm set for a long time now, so I'm not going to order more just for the sake of it.

Nice to know it's finally been confirmed that it's Mitchell's though. I had suspected it for a while.

I had to miss the lunch and fire someone instead, so to cheer myself up, some Sony WH1000-XM3 noise cancelling headphones. 12% discount, not bad. I tried Bose and Sennheiser, these were just that bit better so that was that. Need a degree in electronics to figure them out though!

Yuck. Firing someone is unpleasant. Of course, being fired is no fun, either.

I'm planning to buy airplanes for my simulator, that being X-Plane. But it's true what Toothpick says, the least as it relates to X-Plane - the last sale they had was the July 4th sale.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I wasn't planning on buying anything, but as timing would have it I need some car parts and saved 20% ordering online today. Yay!

Top Bottom